Are there any other ham operators on here?

petekf4qoe
on 12/23/04 8:21 am - Montgomery, AL
I was wondering if there were any other Ham radio operators on here? I am located in Montgomery, Alabama and my callsign is KF4QOE. I hold an Extra class license. Drop me a line if you want. I would enjoy chatting with you.
mecoswan
on 9/27/05 1:39 pm - Concordia, MO
Peter, I was just looking over all the message boards and your profile caught my eye. No I am not a ham operator, however I did have my novice license back in the late 70's. I come from a ham operator family. My brother is W3KHL( my fathers old general call ) and my father is a silent key now.(He was W3KHL and K3AD. I got interested in ham radio and got my novice with having to learn the code etc. I pursued getting my general class and actually took the test and missed the theory. I never went back. MY dad lived in Pennsylvania and my brother was in service then and I had no one to help me. Added to being a mother of 6 and married to a minister, I just left it go. And I regret it to this day. However during my novice days, I did have quite a few conversations with my dad. I read your profile and I want to congratulate you. What a job you have done. I am proud of you and I am sure your wife is also. I am waiting myself for my surgery date. I have wrestled with weight the past 25 years and have 105 pounds to lose. I get so very nervous thinking of it but yet I feel it is the right decision. Being a registered nurse I also know the risks. My husband is behind me all the way. I just felt like I had to post a note to you and to encourage you to keep on going. Colette
Most Active
Recent Topics