Deaf WLS patient

Karel J.
on 8/23/04 7:22 am - GA
Hi everyone! Even though I've been frequenting the boards for almost a year, I'm just now discovering the ASL community! Anyway, I wanted to say hello and from what I read in the few posts, y'all are awesome people. My surgery went well and I'm so grateful for my doctor, his nurse and the office manager's patience with me. I do have a cochlear implant (after my hearing worsened after 30 years with hearing aids). I can't describe to you my joy of waking up in the recovery room and my doctor was standing by my side with my hearing aid in his hands! He handed it to me and waited for me to get it on just to tell me my surgery was a success and to offer me so much encouragement. It's been interesting with my doctor because he's from Jamaica so imagine my struggle in understanding him. But he's a real sweetie and such a wonderful human being. Take care and keep posting!
saderman
on 8/30/04 12:45 pm - Arlington, TX
It sounds like getting your Cochlear implant has been a wonderful experience for you - I have heard good and bad about CI's. I am happy for you that yours is working out well. -Sherrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
teaching myself
babygirlz22 · 5 replies · 714 views
Just Found You
Ravenwulf · 0 replies · 337 views
hellooo
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 335 views
Wanting to learn...
Prpl D. · 2 replies · 384 views