Anyone else throw up blood?????

evydog
on 10/27/07 2:56 am
I didn't throw up blood, but I did throw up a couple of times after surgery from the anesthesia

Highest weight: 299      Weight at Surgery: 285

mittenfarm
on 10/27/07 3:15 am - County Line, MI
I guess if your Dr. says it is OK and you are still in the hospital, at least that is good. But I don't think it is normal. Is it bright red or dark red? Bright red would be fresh blood from a small bleeder which could be a problem. Dark blood may just be left from surgery. -Wanda
Highest -380  Surgery- 345     Goal- 150   Current-150     5 ft. 8 in.

cheermama1993
on 10/27/07 3:49 am - Fontana, CA
i had a little blood in my nose and mucus that was coming up.  the dr. said it was from the tube they put in to help me breathe during surgery. 

OhCarmen
on 10/27/07 7:14 am - Riverside, CA
Hola!! I did not throw up blood, but my BF that had her RNY 1 month before me did.. our surgeon said its little drops that will come out one end of the other. .. if it comes out the other it just makes for a very dark BM he said...

carmen_siggy2.jpg

jktcbuck
on 10/27/07 8:33 am - IA
Post Date: 10/27/07 3:25 pm
I threw up after my surgery, about 5 hours after...and about seven times.  I think it was from the anesthetic, but anyway, there was blood in mine.  Not much though, but you could tell.

They sedated me with valium for the night and gave me IV Dramamine, and two other kinds of meds, as they said I couldn't be throwing up that soon.  I was fine after that.

I am not sure what the case is with you, a couple days after surgery wouldn't be anesthetic, I wouldn't think.

Glad you went to the hospital!

Hope all is well soon.

Best Wishes,

Katy

Beginning 261 /Current 182 /Goal 160 Almost at the end of my rope!

Most Active