AFLAC vs Gastric Bypass RNY

Finneygurl
on 1/2/08 1:02 pm - Rialto, CA
I was wondering if anyone has Aflac and filed a claim for your surgery.  I have it and they said they had to review the report first to determine if it's payable.  Mine was a medical referral for my diabetes/high blood pressure.  I know they will pay the hospital confinement of $400/day but unsure about the surgery itself. If you have been paid on a claim how much did they pay or an average.  Just curious. High - 302 Pre-op - 274 Current - 253 Goal - 150 
~GetnBack2Me ~
on 1/2/08 6:30 pm - York Haven, PA
I have AFLAC, and they wouldnt pay me for the surgery, but i did get paid the amount for being admitted, and also a per day rate... Jen

emimomsm.jpg Emi and Momma image by Imdamomma  momelism.jpg Eli N Momma image by Imdamomma

two together forever
on 1/3/08 6:25 am - somewhere, UT
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is what I call a success. Jo Ann

~GetnBack2Me ~
on 1/3/08 8:26 pm - York Haven, PA
WOW! Thank you very much! This comment REALLLY made my day!! Jennifer

emimomsm.jpg Emi and Momma image by Imdamomma  momelism.jpg Eli N Momma image by Imdamomma

g1rl 0n f1re
on 1/2/08 9:27 pm - City of Angels, CA
lol...AFLAC can bite my a** ..they paid my hospital stay, but denied my surgery procedure benefit because my obesity was a "pre-existing condition" NO SH*T!!! I've fought this battle all my life...morons! Nobody at AFLAC could understand that this is a life saving surgery and that it HAS to be a battle we fight for most of our lives to even qualify for surgery...AFLAC is a scam...they will fight you every step of the way, and continue to take their cut from your paychecks....quit while you're ahead!! I saved all the money they should have paid for the surgery by CANCELLING MY POLICY!!! good luck to you! xxxBecca
" Let us drink a toast....to Gods and Monsters"
                                    -Dr. Pretorious; Bride of Frankenstein

BabsLISW
on 1/2/08 9:38 pm - Akron, OH
They disqualified me for their short term disability because I have fibromyalgia. I have other policies with them, but I never even thought about trying to claim my hospital stay. I'll have to look through my policies again.

cheryl_jagow
on 1/3/08 3:55 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
I HAVE AFLAC AND THEY PAID FOR MY HOSPITAL STAY AND THE ACTUAL PROCEDURE. I GOT ALMOST $3000

LOVING LIFE!!!

Before 296 lbs size 22/24
After 165 size 10

BabsLISW
on 1/3/08 4:20 am - Akron, OH
On January 3, 2008 at 11:55 AM Pacific Time, cheryl_jagow wrote:
I HAVE AFLAC AND THEY PAID FOR MY HOSPITAL STAY AND THE ACTUAL PROCEDURE. I GOT ALMOST $3000
Is it a hospitalization policy? I gotta find my stuff.

Finneygurl
on 1/3/08 10:58 am - Rialto, CA
I have the Hospital Confinement and the sickness/accident. My REP thinks they will pay mine as long as the Dr. doesn't put it was for cosmetic reasons. Of course it wasn't so I don't know why he would think that. I'm diabetic (insulin depandent) and have high blood pressure. *I haven't had a insulin injection since the day I got home from the hospital.  We'll see. I'm sorry they didn't pay for those of you who shared. I may be in the same situation. I'll find out soon.  I'm submitting my Short Term Disability Claim tomorrow along with my hospitalization policy claim.
tee1143
on 8/20/08 3:29 am - Desoto, TX
how did you go about filing with them and which policies did you have. I have several but really don't know where to start with them