PLASTICS AND TRICARE??????

KimberlyJ
on 2/26/08 3:36 am - WA
Do you live close to a Military Installation with a military hospital?  I'm up in Washington State and live next to Ft. Lewis which is home of Madigan Army Hospital.  I got my Lap RNY there almost a year ago.  I was told that the tummy tuck is almost always done about 14 months post op.  My surgeon was "matter of fact" about it like it was just part of the process.  Tummy tucks are a commen follow up surgery at Madigan.  You might want to try your area Military Hospital.  Good luck! 
jillianD
on 2/26/08 7:53 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yep, I am at Ft. Lewis too and when I was doing preop the anestheia dr was like ok and we will be seeing you again in a few months for a tummy tuck!  LOL I laughed and said ok!! And why would it be defruading the gov't??  Tricare is insurance just like any other!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Lulu C.
on 5/18/08 4:01 am - Jacksonville, NC
Tricare paid for my tummy tuck but it was done by general surgery not plastic surgery docs and it was done in a naval hosiptal. I'm trying to get my thighs done through tricare also.  Fraud? That is a very strong word. I can easily say I have committed no fraud and Tricare covered my tuck and my gastric bypass.
Chauntelle C.
on 5/19/08 12:17 pm - Havelock, NC
RNY on 10/09/06 with
we just got orders back to cherry point!  I am going on wednesday to look into self paying for breast augmentation, i have had my tummy deemed medically necessary by a plastic surgeon, but he was a weirdo and i wont go back to him.  My thighs were deemed med. necessary but i will wait to get back to nc to have it done as there are no surgeons here who take tricare!  WHen i get back to the point i will have to look you up!
Chauntelle Chandler  California City, Ca

239/127/125 - 2 pounds from goal!!
Lulu C.
on 5/28/08 3:43 am - Jacksonville, NC

Congrats! Thats awesome! Please let us know about the thigh lift and how it goes!

Thanks!

Robin,aka Lulu

A.Mason
on 6/14/14 5:53 pm - Lawton, OK

How did you get your PCM to put in for your thighs to get lifted? Because I am trying to get that done as well.  Please let me know the procedure codes for this if you will.  I am truly grateful for your time and help. 

Thanks ever so much for your .

Colleen R.
on 8/2/08 5:43 am - Bel Air, MD
I too am Tricare Prime.  I had my bypass done at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia (by way of Cherry Point).  I too got a letter from the Plastic surgeon stating a tummy tuck and thigh lift was medically necessary, but just yesterday learned that Tricare denied it.  So now I have to do an appeal. 

You may want to check at Portsmouth Naval, they have a great plastic surgery department and will do surgery if medically necessary.  I'd get your PCM at Cherry Point to refer you to Portsmouth, take the documents that you already have and I'm sure you can get what you need done there.  I know that cosmetics are on a back burner there due to war related patients, but they will do dependants if medically necessary.  (They used to do cosmetics as well for a small fee, but don't have the staff right now to do that) I have even thought of just going back there to have my stuff done as well...was just "trying" to actually use Tricare and avoid the 4 hour road trip.

Colleen
[email protected]
MonicaK
on 11/14/08 3:17 pm - Washington DC metro, VA
I got approval on the first try for TT with mus. tight, legs and breast lift...I only did the tt..I might go back for the others but damn the pain and issues form all the surgerys I have had I dont want to deal with it...OH I WAS INPAT. in a civ. hosp for 3 days....

If life hands you lemons find a friend with Vodka and have a party!

I love to ride my motorcycle with th wind in my face and I could not have done this without my 
RNY 10/24/05
TT-10/18/07

Tbercini
on 10/21/09 11:54 am - NC
what info did u give to get approved for so much so quickly

proximity02
on 7/21/09 5:06 am - New York, NY
Thread is old but wanted to reply anyway. I got denied by Tri Care Standard when showing almost a year of medical recrods for rashes and back pain and included photos of my large stomach that hung over after losing 100 pounds. They said it was all in my head and I needed a shrink in small terms. I ended up paying cash anyway for the thigh lift, Extended tummy tuck and lipo. I am now trying to get them to reimburse me, new battle ahead. I hate tri-care.
Most Active