GRRR! THINGS NEVER TO SAY TO A WLS PATIENT...POST OR PRE OP!

inspiredbyhope
on 3/20/08 6:20 am - A DOT ON THE MAP, NJ
YUP!  Thats another one!  IF they only knew...If I had a buck for the same 20 pounds I have shed and regained through out my entire life I would be a millionairess!

~~ROBYN~~
4 ever in my ...Vincent & Lucas...RIP...mommies lil'

inspiredbyhope
on 3/20/08 6:26 am - A DOT ON THE MAP, NJ
I was one of the lucky ones...that the Dr did NOT recommend I have to loose any weight Pre-op! hahaha  So I ate like everyday pre op was my last supper!  With that said....lol I think the woman below said it best...I can loose the weight....I have just become proficient in gaining it back!

~~ROBYN~~
4 ever in my ...Vincent & Lucas...RIP...mommies lil'

Getaway_Girl
on 3/20/08 1:19 am - Montclair , NJ
I love when people want to tell me the risks of surgery, after I said I just had it.  LOL... I laugh and go "Are you deaf or insane... and again, where did you get your medical degree from? Its been 7weeks, Im going great!! Not in pain, feel light as a bird, have so much energy! I look easily 5 yrs younger. When I already looked 10yrs younger. LOL... I look like my own little sister. Food's going and staying down just fine. Do better than the doctors intial expectations... and Yet... random people still feel the need to add their 2 cents.  Well like my mother would say  F*ck'em!  Im not telling anyone else. Since my weight loss is kinda slow. Ill just say..."Ive been exercising and watching what I eat". Which is 100% true... screw the rest. Sick of people jealousies, make no sense especially when many of them, have means to get surgery too. Im not a counselor, I personal dont care about others feelings, because in theory...they dont care about mine. They just hate me, cuz they aint me! So  F*CK'EM!!! LOL....

pamw
on 3/20/08 1:36 am - Fort Knox, KY
  I like your mother!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 3:55 am - MN
I like you'r Mom also! MAybe we are related? ha ha
Wendy_Canada
on 3/20/08 8:29 am - Canada
I  LOVEEEEEEEEEEE  YOUR DOGS What kind are they? Wendy

pamw
on 3/20/08 12:25 pm - Fort Knox, KY

Thanks.  They are shih tzus.  Meet Lola and Daisy. They just turned 1. Pam

Prosperousldy33
on 3/20/08 1:47 am - Wilmington, DE
christikatee
on 3/20/08 1:33 am - Orlando, FL
I'm having my surgery a little over a week from now and I have decided to not tell co-workers and of my friends.  My immediate family knows I do not want anyone else to know and completely supports me in this decision.  I am so honest that sometimes I find it hard not tell the "whole" truth of my upcoming surgery, but then I don't want to hear their opinions either.  They might get a clue after I start losing weight, but I plan on sticking to my story and let them think whatever they will think.   If they are not overweight, most likely they will not understand. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 3:52 am - MN

I'm still in the waiting game. I have learned to hold back because I am to honest also or maybe to trusting is a better way to put it. A few of my coworkers know and most are possitive a few aren't. I do have a few that got preachy with me. I just let them preach then walked away. when it all boiled down I had to think does their opinion matter? this was big to me because I like to argue, but my personal life is none of their business.  Why bother with people who will drag you down. We are all adults and know what's best for ourselfs. I have not told my family either. They are all negative people and I do love them but ... I drive my self crazy enough thinking on all this I don't need their nagative BS. Then there is the few of my true friends who are a mixture of sizes and weight and they don't get preachy or negative but not jumping on the HORRAY wagon either this is not for them but they know it is for me so why be rude to me.. They have said they trust me and this is about me not anyone else. The only other person who's opinion does matter to me is my husband. He is worried about surgery and complications but he know's I am not jumping into this blind and has said he will be by my side whatever I decide. I don't feel I need to defend myself to people who don't have a loveing investment in me. So why bother telling the one's who will be jerks. You sound like you are ready for this and I wish you luck. Be proud of your decision we all know it has not been thought over lightly. Take care LOL JLYYNN  good luck next week!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1466 views