GRRR! THINGS NEVER TO SAY TO A WLS PATIENT...POST OR PRE OP!

STBEAR
on 3/20/08 3:01 am - SC

Hi,  We think alike. I have only told a handful of people on a "need to know" basis. In other words my immediate family and my main supervisor at work (because he does my schedule). I do not want others to tell me, a 50 year old nurse, what I should or shouldn't do to my body. It is hard to tell sometimes, who will be supportive or who will be just nosy to get the juicy gossip to spread around. We all know that this is not a snap descision and it takes a lot of prep and work just to get to the point of actually having the surgery. STB PS Diet pills are out for me ,too by the way, with my hypertension... thy never worked for me anyhoo   

SophieGrace
on 3/20/08 3:08 am - IL
I hope you hung up on her. No one should be able to terrorize you or your decision over the phone, particularly not someone who should not have had this information in the first place. 

SophieGrace 

lplady
on 3/20/08 6:05 am - Lone Pine, CA
I am grateful that most of those that know I am in process of WLS have been very supportive, of course the ONLY 2 that count are me and my daughter and she is 100% behind me and keeps telling me who cares what they say go for it!  God I love that kid!
Most Active