Why Can't I Vomit?

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/08 2:02 pm
I feel so sick and nauseous and yet I can't vomit, why?  I cough and gag and choke and nothing comes out, this happened years ago after being bulimic for many years I would get to the point that no matter what I did I could not vomit.  But its been years since that happened and I have thrown up a couple of times since surgery.  I was working on cleaning my basement and starting sneezing really bad, I thought it must be the dust so I quit work and came upstairs had a smal bowl of cereal and shortly thereafter I started to feel really sick.  Like I really need to throw up and my heart is racing, its scary.  I know theres nothing anyone can do for me, but I am afraid and I needed to talk to someone. Hugs Heidi
lizzybear
on 3/22/08 2:15 pm - Olympia, WA
Oh dear, I don't know how to help you, but I wanted to give you HUGS because I feel so bad for you.  I hope your heart calms down very soon and you feel better.  

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/08 7:23 pm
Thanks, I think I gave myselft an anxiety attack because I felt so sick and I panicked.  I had to lie down and finally fell asleep for alittle while.  I don't feel sick anymore, I have no idea what made me feel so nauseous all of a sudden. Hugs Heidi
Dawn Sobers
on 3/22/08 2:20 pm - Muskegon, MI
Heidi  I'll tell ya what. I'll go puke for you only IF you'll take my knee for a few days this sound fair? I'm sick of doing the r.i.c.e treatments everyday all day long.  btw rice is R. rest I. ice c compression e. elevation And it DONT work.  

consult 392/ 360 day of surgery/ goal 150/ currently130

Ask me about my web store you know you want to.....
fatme.jpg12/25/2004 2007_0724newme0002.jpg7/23/07

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/08 7:24 pm
No thanks I have this molar extraction and it just hurts more and more each day, I am gonna call the dentist on Monday and ask about dry socket, because I would think it should be better and not more painful by now. Hope you are feeling better. Happy Easter Hugs Heidi
Dawn Sobers
on 3/22/08 7:39 pm - Muskegon, MI

I'm wishing this felt better myself as I sit here at 5:30 my time wishing the leg would fall off from the knee down. As it burns so bad in the joint I just want to cut it off. Cant sleep because of the ache and burning and vicodin 750 is not even remotely touching this.

I hope you arent getting dry socket That is one pain I wouldnt wish on anyone. Been there done that and after 14 days of it was ready to shoot myself in the head.  Try to have a good easter (it sure dont feel like spring here) Dawn

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/08 7:47 pm
Thanks Dawn, The pain in my mouth woke me up too.  Its the same time here, I didn't think you could get dry socket if it was stitched up.  I looked at the skin around the implants and its all really red and it hurts.  My paperwork says it can take 2-10 days to feel better but that your body might reject the implant.  I swear it hurts down my jaw to my ear.  I have to go back to work today as I took so many days off for this I am so behind.  This totally sucks and yesterday I brought up all these pictures from my cellar that my grandmother had, lost of everyone and even 1 of me when I was first married and got fat.  My whole family is dead and Easter was the last day I saw my mother alive.  My grandparents both died in February 2 years apart, 2 years later my mother died.  I thought for sure I would die two years after that.   I wish there was some magic cure for your pain, I know there isn't and when it gets really bad we get desperate.  I had terrible dreams when I was asleep.  My dreams are all haunted lately, it hurts so bad. Happy Easter  Hugs Heidi
Dawn Sobers
on 3/22/08 8:27 pm - Muskegon, MI

My brother had trouble with the one implant he got after being hit in the mouth with the tail blase of a blackhawk helo. Lucky he only lost a couple teeth an not his fool head. His was mainly the nerves healing and causing him so much pain.

Someday I need to get off my duff and put all my photographs in albums I have probably 6 photo boxes stuffed full of photos of the kids growing up. My daughter was skimming through some a couple months ago and brought one out of her high school graduation day it was a picture I had forgotten about and I can understand why I'd want to forget about it. But it makes me realize how far I've come. Also I'm not the same person I was back then. and Now when I sit here an complain because I want to get out of the house I can look at this photo of a time when I never wanted to leave the house and it kind of makes me laugh. Now instead of complaining about having to get out of the house I'm whining cause i want to be out of here.

As for this blasted leg. It didn't hurt half as bad as it does now last Sunday before they manipulated it on monday to test the strength and flexability. Now it is pinching and biting like never before. I about come out of my skin when the baby tries to climb up in my lap using that leg. And no amount of ice helps either. I finally broke down and had them call me in a script for pain medication the other day I can handle alot of pain before I'll ask for help but on a scale from 1-10 i'm holding a close 9. If I can't get any relief by tomorrow I'm calling the office and asking them WTF did they do to me? I can only hope someone cancels thier surgery date and I can get bumped ahead a few days. Get this over with so I can get back to living again.

Dawn

Linda_S
on 3/22/08 2:22 pm - Eugene, OR
This has happened to me since surgery.  I have not been able to vomit since having my RNY, even though there have been about three times when I desperately wanted to.  My doc says it happens to some patients. I hope you feel better soon. Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/08 7:26 pm
Thanks Linda, I think I just scared myself so bad because I got sick so quickly and felt so queasy.  I am not sure why, and not being able to throw up made it all worse.  I have thrown up small amounts since surgery, but never like I could before. Hugs Heidi
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1206 views