Why Can't I Vomit?

kymber73
on 5/16/11 12:52 pm
I too have the same problem. I had the RNY WLS in 09 and cannot vomit no matter how naseaus I get! When I get dumping syndrome, it is strictly the shakes, cold chills, and diarrhea and nasea, no vomiting. I did dry heave once. It was awful! I wish I could throw up at times, believe me, I think it would help me feel a heck of a lot better. But I really thought I was alone with this problem. I know alot of people who have had this procedure and I havent found anyone with this problem yet, so I am happy to have found this thread! thank you all for posting! :)

Kimberly
jhadden
on 9/1/11 4:13 am - Danbury, CT
I am so glad I found this site! I looked it up on here when it first started happening and no one had experienced it. Now it seems there are a lot of us. I am planning to show this thread to my surgeon since I cannot seem to get a straight answer out of him as to why this happens. He just made it sound like I was strange when I complained about it and that he never heard of it. I have also had three hernias and two operations for them since surgery. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but thought I would mention it.

Has anyone gotten an answer or explanation from their surgeon about this problem. My biggest worry when deciding whether or not to have this surgery was what the long term effects or complications would be or even if they really knew all of them. I fear this is one symptom of many that might come up with us later in life. It scares me kind of. Who knows what might happen as a result of reconstructing our digestive tracts. So sad sometimes when I think about what we may have sacrificed
just to be thin.

Baby Text

lenkatownley
on 1/30/11 10:35 pm
hi, I have exactly the same issue I am so bloated and so full, and no matter no matter what I eat or drink i can not vomit, sts I try to eat more and drink more and i still can not vomit, I just vomit mucous and foam, I feel exactly exactly llike you my life is hell, what can we do about it?????? thank you lenka
Most Active