severe constipation with Calcium Citrate pills? Now trying the liquid stuff..........
Thanks for the info! Yes, I made sure to get the Citrate one...It has 1200 mg of Calcium Citrate...750 mcg of Boron, and 720 mg of Magnesium Citrate. How does this compare to the one you take? I bought Tropical Oasis from GNC. I was hoping by avoiding taking those huge chalky pills and going to a liquid form that I could avoid some of the horrible constipation, but I guess I was potentially wrong. Is it just too much to hope for a healthy ever couple days....Maybe I should buy some additonal Magnesium supplements? Ill try to bump up my fiber, but I was taking it before and I still got all stopped up inside. Its just all so confusing sometimes. Now, I just wish I could remember how much calcium Citrate I should be taking a day...
Take Benefiber with breakfast and lunch—1/2 Tablespoon each time.
Can take Colace with this or not. (stool softener. I use the one that is a small little red pill—not the gel caps) You can experiment and see if you need this added or not.
Take Miralax in the evening—as directions on the bottle (this is a really mild laxative)
Drink lots of water (all of the above are tasteless powders that dissolve easily in water.)
Powdered calcium for stronger bones.
- Concentrated source of Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D3
- Provides the daily requirements to effectively maintain and improve bone tissue, helping in the battle against osteoporosis.
- Flavorless powder allows it to be mixed with a variety of beverages and foods without altering their original flavor.
- Eliminates crushing large pills.
- Takes calcium off of your medication list.
- Will not plug enteral feeding tubes.
- Transparent to the patient.
- Economical for budgets.
- 227 servings per container.
Ingredients: Calcium Citrate, Vitamin D3, and Dextrose. Made to U.S Pharmacopoeia (USP) quality, purity and potency standards. Calcium from Citrate, 500mg, 50% Daily Value* Vitamin D3, 250IU, 100% Daily Value* Dextrose value equals 1500mg per serving *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
#53540 Upcal D - 16 oz. Can $10.95 each $9.30 each box 6+Hope this helps,