Flabby Arms... hide 'em or show 'em???

jwinrrtx
on 5/24/08 9:44 pm - Round Rock, TX
I passed up some really, really cute tops yesterday while shopping because they were sleeveless.  I just cannot do it--I've never gone sleeveless and am having a difficult time.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

martitalinda
on 5/24/08 9:52 pm
Congrats on the excellent weight loss Laura - I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!! Hey, I have no problem rocking my flabby arms (lol) I tone and tone and tone but there is still some flab - I just practice holding my arms in certain positions to make them less noticeable (lol).  Do whatever makes you comfortable sista!. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Elizabeth N.
on 5/24/08 10:03 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I'm going to be wearing sleeveless tops all summer, and I have not just batwings, but more like raven's wings :-D. I find that short sleeved or cap sleeved tops tend to bind around my upper arms and make an already "bad" situation worse. So, I figure if somebody doesn't want to see my wings flapping, they'll just have to look away!  (This is not work/professional attire, of course. That would be a whole different ballgame.)
Iteach-preK
on 5/24/08 11:50 pm - KY
Laura I say what you like is what you should wear.  I have not had surgery yet and I have big arms. I would have to say they are the largest part of me proportionally, and I DO wear tanks. I am a girl of comfort and wear the things that are comfortable and nice.  The only person who lives in your skin is you so find what makes you happy and to heck with the others. They do not know all your hard work to get where you are. PHOOEY on them...be comfortable -pyscologially and literally. Good Job!
Dee Kay
on 5/25/08 12:22 am, edited 5/25/08 12:22 am
I wear 3/4 sleeves... if I didn't have so much cellulite I might go sleeveless.... I'm hoping that as I lose weight I'll lose some of that cellulite on my upper arms (and everywhere else, too!) Good luck, wear whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.
Dee Kay (5'6" and 40-something yrs...)

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/08 6:40 am - LA
3/4 length or a sleeve that hides your flabby part at the elbow.  I know when I see someone with those flabby arms, I wonder to myself why in the world would someone show all that ugly fat. I'm not going to. 
hockeymom8016
on 5/25/08 8:31 am - NJ
I am six months out and my arms are the part of me I hate the most.  I have a few 3/4 length shirts but I have decided that people are just going to have to live with it if I wear short sleeves.  I will not wear tank shirts but it is too hot and humid here to keep my arms covered all Summer. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1246 views