Sarah P. · 2 replies · 40 views
Weighing meat??
Thebiggestloser · 3 replies · 53 views
Most Active

Gastric Bypass and 3.5 years later considering Lapband

Molly S.
on 6/4/08 3:17 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/26/04 with
Hi everyone,   Please email me if you had the Gastric bypass and you had a lap band afterwards to lose additional weight.  Want to know if this was successful for you.  I want to lose another 60 to 80 pounds and I am thinking of having the lap band to do that.  I have already lost about 300 pounds.  Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance for your replies.   Yolanda

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

JaneSweetz
on 6/4/08 3:20 pm, edited 6/4/08 3:20 pm
That is a tremendous amount of weight!!! Wonderful job - WOWsers ..... I have seen people talk about having done that on the revision board.  If you look around there you will find people. Just in case you hadnt received a response.
Molly S.
on 6/4/08 4:48 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/26/04 with
THanks!
Molly S.
on 6/4/08 3:27 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/26/04 with

Thanks for tip and congrats, I will post there also.

Vivian Prouty
on 6/4/08 4:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 11/22/05 with
Lap band takes along time to loose the weight with it.   You might go back to your bariatric surgeon and see if you pouch has stretched out.   They can do a revision to the pouch and make it smaller.   I really don't think that you would be happy with the lap band...but who knows?????    I have heard of the other way around....going from band to RNY....but never RNY to band.    Good luck with your revision and congradulations on your successful WLS. Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Molly S.
on 6/4/08 4:49 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/26/04 with
Thanks!@
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 4:43 pm
There are several folks on the Lap Band bord that have added a band after their Bypass in order to increase the amount of restriciton on their pouch. Can I just say you have done a wonderful job thus far and I view you as one of my new Sheroes!
Molly S.
on 6/4/08 4:46 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/26/04 with
Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 5:00 pm
Hey I;m just telling the truth-you have done a wonderful job!
birder I.
on 6/4/08 5:37 pm - Rockford, IL

Come to the lapband board and ask. There is also a woman on the IL board who had lap after RNY and she is quite content. Check out the IL board.

Connie 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

MsBatt
on 6/4/08 9:41 pm
If you've already lost 300 pounds, and you have another 80 to lose, rather than adding a Band I think you'd be better off with making your bypass more distal. This will increase your malabsorption and give you a better chance of losing the rest of your weight. Come visit the DS board---that might be the better option for you.
Loris
on 6/5/08 3:53 am - Midlothian, VA
You have accomplished so much!  Have you consulted with a plastic surgeon or two?  Perhaps you are done losing and the rest of your excess weight is actually excess skin.  Even if you can't afford plastic surgery you really need to know where you stand in regard to this.  What is your BMI? After massive weight loss, some insurance companies will pay for reconstructive surgery.  I am so proud of you and I wish you well.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

jonicorona
on 6/5/08 4:03 am - Corona, CA
Molly,   You have done a great job!!!  I would consult with your doc or another doc about what you want. and see if plastic or the lap is a better option.  I went to your profile no pics??  I would really like to see your journey,  It is really inspiring to for all of us to take that journey with you through a photo history. In awe of your success Joni