how long out of work after gastric bypass-laproscopic

Dee Kay
on 6/13/08 3:07 am
I have an office job and went back to work after one week and was fine.  Good luck on  your journey.
Dee Kay (5'6" and 40-something yrs...)

carebear72
on 6/13/08 2:12 pm - NY
Oh god no caffiene thats true how will I ever wake up.  I guess I'll definately have to be faithful about wearing my cpap at night for sure.  My surgeon told me with most pt it is the tiredness that is the main obstacle after surgery. thanks
carebear72
on 6/13/08 2:15 pm - NY
You are so right and I think that is what really makes me a little hesitant to say ok 2 weeks is enough.  I know you cannot predict complication that is why she will probably make me wait till  october.  Just to level with you my boss is a dietician go figure right?
carebear72
on 6/13/08 2:22 pm - NY
I know I agree with you and I wish I hadn't  funny thing that I am also wondering is if there are a lot of employees out there who have actually taken vacation at work and had this surgery and never discussed it with their boss?   She can approve a vacation for me-  but not a surgery that is elective and has no guarantee that I will return in1-2 weeks.  I have discussed with personel at my job already and they have told me if I get a date and they have enough notice they should be able to find coverage for me.  My bosses arguement to me was that she has had to postpone her own elective surgery twice now.  thanks for your opinion.
Getaway_Girl
on 6/13/08 9:00 pm - Montclair , NJ
I'll be HOT-DAMNED if I ever used vacation time for anything medical. LOL Reading that last line, now I see... your dealing with a jealous 'sour grape'. Personel is who you deal with, not her... youre opening a can of worms thats going to cause TONS of drama afterwards, what on earth were you thinking? If its not her decision, why in the hell ever tell her  anything? Its not ELECTIVE, so you need to correct her language on that ASAP. And no, you dont use vacation time for surgery. Have you ever heard of FMLA?? Come on now...stop letting her 'run you'. If you would read up on the matter...and had some knowledge behind you, you'd be able to go with confidence and stay 'Look Im having surgery...this is when... " period. Employeers can be fired and sued for discussing your medical condition with YOU or anyone else. Maybe you need to remind her of that. Say "look, in reality... we shouldnt be discussing anything concerning my health.. thats a labor concern and could like to a massive lawsuit if my business got circulated around the office, il discuss the matter with personel...like im suppose to". And f*ck her... keep it moving.  I have no idea why people feel the need to tell everyone they knowtheyre having surgery. These are the same people who think youre a 'fat lazy loser"...essentially, right? So why ever give them ammo to later use against you? Now for your recovery time post surgery, that heffa is going to be making snide comments as you lose weight...and discussing your 'elective' surgery.  My stupervisor is the EXACT same way, I hate that ******* and NEVER back down from letting him know that. LOL... Im a union employee thank god, otherwise he's prejudice against me and my 'fat, lazy azz" would have had me fired months ago. Remember when your the 'fat' employee, they already think youre lazy as crap, the LAST thing you want to do is go and say 'Hey..do you mind giving my lazy ass some time off of work'? LOL... get my point? You keep your business well guarded, if anyone asks...saying your getting your gallbladder removed. Its no one's business, you can lie to every single soul and no one can LEGALLY discuss it. Hence doctor-patient confidentiality agreements... Say its your gallbladder, you have to change your diet (no fats) and thats why youre losing weight.  Jeez

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/13 8:21 am
RNY on 05/28/13 with
Omg getaway! Love ur response. I need more people like u in my life. Say it how it is and keep it moving. Thanks for the laugh and the perspective as I too face dealing with people about my upcoming surgery!
miamictny
on 6/13/08 2:29 pm - NY
Hello - I went back to work the day after i got out of the hospital, but felt really week so ended up going home early.  I was back to work fulltime a week after I got out the hospital.  My job is not strenuous either so I would get through the day go home and crash.. I just made sure I ate.. that was a definite!!!   GOOD LUCK!
CaroLina
Divider2.png cute divider pink and gray image by mzmamiko

305/281/167.5/XXX

high/WLS consult(06/07)/current/I have no goal 
height - 5'9" size - xs/s top 6 bottoms
Plum1967
on 1/1/10 6:48 am
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1383 views