Waking up with swollen hands???

Sarahlicious
on 6/25/08 12:10 am - Portsmouth, OH
I've noticed this happening a lot lately....when I first wake up my hands are swollen so much that it's slightly painful to bend my fingers from the pressure of them being swollen. But it goes away quickly...like I just woke up at 8:30 and now at 10 they are fine...the knuckle wrinkles are back, etc. Yes, I have lymphedema in my legs, but that type of swelling gets worse when I'm on my feet during the day...swelling for me typically gets better with rest...not worse....so what's up with my hands??? P.S. I know I haven't been around much this week....it's a busy week at work, new student orientation and I have 2 classes I'm taking...got a 97 on my midterm...woohoo...anyway today is my day off of the 4-day work week...yep day off and I was still awake at 8:30...dang dog next door is set to 7 AM to bark....

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 12:13 am - Decatur, AL
do you sleep on your hands? just a thought...
Sarahlicious
on 6/25/08 12:15 am - Portsmouth, OH
I rollll...lol...I'm either on my side or on my back...so I don't think I would ever be lying on both hands at the same time...  and it happens in both hands.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 12:17 am - Decatur, AL
huh... idk then. i usually sleep on my side in the fetal position and have both hands under my head kinda in a praying position and that's what happens to me sometimes. wake up in the morning and my ring is tight as a tick! but then later on in the day it slings off of my hand
Sarahlicious
on 6/25/08 12:20 am - Portsmouth, OH
Ok...I just checked with my GoogleMD...lol...no such website...just what I call my googling medical stuff...and see that is could be due to my possible thyroid issue...well it said swollen hands in general not just morning...

MelissaM39
on 6/25/08 12:26 am - MI

I'm glad you checked.  I have swollen hands every morning when I wake up.  I had my thyroid removed so possibly due to the medication?  Hmmmm....you're right though it's usually gone by them time I'm ready to work.  Thanks for checking.

Eggface
on 6/25/08 2:03 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I'd definitely get it checked out... could be as simple as water retention or too many salty foods or serious like circulatory issues. Time to make an appointment with Dr. ABC, XYZ...   Hope it's nada ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sarahlicious
on 6/25/08 2:54 am - Portsmouth, OH

Dr. L = PCP

Dr. F = therapist

Dr. Mac = lymphedema

Dr. B = WLS

Dr. Boobs = well I that's pretty much self explanatory

Dr. T = reg. PS

Be sure to bookmark this for furture reference....

Eggface
on 6/25/08 3:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Finally my legend!!!  LOL TY. Bookmarked! ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Lady Bugg
on 6/25/08 2:06 am - West Chester, OH
Sarah,

My face is swollen in the mornings (used to be once in a while, now it iseems to be every morning). Somewhere I read that the fluids in your body "migrate" when you're asleep because you are in a horizontal position ( I guess it sloshes up from our feet to our faces/hands).

My swelling goes away in about an hour too. Not sure what causes it. Doesn't seem to be related to food, water intake, or time of the month.

Wish I knew