How To Get Out of a Stall???

Susan S.
on 7/21/08 10:41 am - Roselle, NJ
 Putting it down on paper - a schedule is a good idea - and if you let go of the idea that these are 'meals' which require preparation and ceremony - it is a lot easier - a 'meal' for me is a handful of almonds - or a string cheese - or 6 whole grain crackers with 2 oz of cheese - easy to grab - easy to munch on when I'm doing three other things - I know when you're early out you have to be more careful about your eating - have to concentrate more etc. - but even with shakes - a yogurt - a tablespoon of tuna etc. - it's not a big deal - but it does have to become a habit.  You have to make yourself a priority here - because if you don't - not only do you not likely achieve the weight loss you desire - you can do damage to your body.  It's that important.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/08 8:21 am
I had one stall, and I broke it off by eating more calories.  I had 2 x 1 oz of nuts and that brought my calories to app 1000 for that day.  next day - lost a lb.  good trade. One morning I had blueberies and nuts.  So far I do not dump on nuts, but I also measure them so I do not get more than 1.5 oz at one time (and with other food to deflect the fat - like blueberries.)

Since i can not increase the volume, I have to think of increasing the calories at this point. 

1. get the 2% fage, not 0%.
2. Drink Almond milk, no****er, as part of the liquids.
3. have my SF popsicles (they are still too sweet - but that makes me drink more water after).
4. incorporating good nuts into my meals.  i.e. nut butter, 1 oz + apple. yammy...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:25 am - Simpsonville, SC
I probably get about 800 calories a day :( Ugh I love my water too, I guess I need to add another meal or snack in during that day that is higher calorie and protein. I never thought that I would have problems making myself eat, its all I ever used to want to do.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/08 8:30 am
I keep food diary and I usually get 600-800cal. not enough.  That's why i had a stall. (and not exercising enough). So now I make sure I had more than 800, and when in doubt, or working hard, try to get 1000+.  (that is where we need to be). 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:35 am - Simpsonville, SC
So I am going to shoot for 1000 calories. Michelle says I need to keep track of my protein too so I am gong to take everyones advice, eat more and write all this down :)

mger
on 7/21/08 8:35 am
I have trouble getting in my water...I think that is why I am not loosing as quickly. I know I need to be doing better but I find the same thing...eating..drinking..waiting in between..there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day..LOL
I have been opting for the meal..about 5 small meals a day..but I only get in 1/2 my water/fluid. Now that I am back to work, I hope to have a better chance of balancing these 2 things.

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:37 am - Simpsonville, SC
We are like opposites lol, you get in all your food and I get in all my fluids. I hope you get out of you  stall soon too, stalls are no fun!!!

halfsister
on 7/21/08 8:50 am - Irwin, PA
Thanks for the info everyone. I am a pretty good water drinker through out theday. I don't measure my food but i probably eat four meals a day. I do on occassion write down days worth of food so I can see where I am at. Gotta love the protein. I will try it.
Thanks again.

jnadreau
on 7/21/08 9:26 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but eating more usually helps me out of a stall.  If I eat when I'm hungry, I get in about 600-800 calories.  If I eat a little more, and get in 1000-1100, then I lose.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that - pre-surgery if I stayed hungry and restricted my calories, I'd lose.  Now I have to eat to lose!  If you're chasing around a 3-year-old all day, you probably could use some extra calories.  Have an extra snack!  Tortilla chips with reduced-fat shredded cheddar usually does it for me, and helps me get my crunch on!

wendy_fou
on 7/21/08 11:05 am - AR
I've heard just changing up your routine works.  (Like reverse what you'd normally have for supper and breakfast or work-out in the morning instead of the afternoon.)  It's supposed to just sort of give your body the little blip it needs to start moving again. 

I've heard people swear by it. 
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1491 views