Kool-aid vs Crystal Light?

dixie_butterfly
on 11/19/03 1:39 am - Greenville, GA
Ohh yeah.. I also think that the cost of splenda is worth it cause you don't have to give up anything just alter it some..
S.R. P.
on 11/19/03 2:05 am - Sheppard AFB, TX
The other thing is if you hate to mix everything, you can just buy the sugar free kool-aid. I started buying that for my kids about a year ago. I figured they get plenty of sugar in everything else! LOL Shelley
Amanda D.
on 11/19/03 2:29 am - Chicago, IL
Wylers has there version of crystal light it costs about 50% less and the pink lemonade is the bomb!
sunneegirl
on 11/19/03 2:52 am - Whitinsville, MA
I know that a lot of stores have their own versions of Crystal Light that are a lot cheaper than Chrystal Light. You may have just had a flavor of Chrystal Light that you didn't like. Definitely scope out WalMart to see if they may have a different flavor at a more reasonable price than what you bought it for, or even Wylers (as someone else has already suggested). They, to me, are equally as tasty. Good Luck!
Elizabeth W.
on 11/19/03 3:12 am - Delphos, OH
I also buy the wal-mart brand.. I love it!
Randy M.
on 11/19/03 4:00 am - Red Lion, PA
I will definitely try Splenda and thanks for the info on caffiene. I didn't know that. I guess thats why they say you don't buy coffee you rent it. Randy
kathyminus180
on 11/19/03 4:36 am - Newark, DE
Lots of times store will have a store brand of "crystal light" and you can get that cheaper. I like the tea but many here avod caffenee but I was not told I had to give that up. and it isn't much.. At any rate the SF koolaide is fine.
luvinewme
on 11/19/03 6:18 am
I am preop (surg dte 11-25-03) and just made up a batch of splenda kool-aid "chilly Cups" I just mixed with half the amount of water it called for so that the popscicle type invention would be flavorful. I use about a half a cup of splenda to 1 pk of kool-aid and 1 qt of water instead of 2. Then poured into dixie cups and froze them. Lots cheaper than s/f popscicles and ready for me when I come home from the hosp. God Bless & Happy Losing---Rhonda
MandyT
on 11/19/03 7:25 am - Leonard, MI
It is really hard to buy anything pre-op for post-op. I loved crystal light before surgery and it tasted so sweet after surgery that it made me nauseous. I found that the sugar free Kool-Aid is much better and I catch it when it is on sale for about $2 for a pack of 5. Finding somthing that tastes good to drink after surgery was one of my biggest challenges especially because quite a few of the diet drinks are packed with caffeine. Good luck in finding something that tastes good to you. Once I found sf Kool-Aid it made all the difference. Oh, by the way, many of the lower sugar protein supplements and bars are also sweetened with splenda. I was find with it prior to surgery, but now splenda sweetened things make me feel yucky. Maybe I have a low tolerance? Mandy
heathercross
on 11/19/03 8:03 am - New York, NY
Kim, I am no longer into Crsytal Light, I am a BIG fan of Ice tea and the Ice Teas for Crystal Light all have Caffeine (xcept 1)...I bought myself a Mr Coffee Ice tea pot and I brew Herbal, Fruit and regular ICe Tea all the time. Theres NO CALORIES and I add a sweet 'n low and some lemon. Delicious. I also brew Peppermint and Green tea and the Peppermint is good for upset tummies and green tea is just plain good for you.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1371 views