birth control after gastric bypass!!!!!

StillHopefulinAZ
on 8/16/10 2:03 pm
I was searching posts, I know this one is old, wondering if there is any new information on the subject?  I am awaiting insurance approval for my revision and am currently on a 3 month birth control (I hate periods and can't do the shot any longer). I am considering Mirena if I must switch.
themelber
on 11/26/11 10:42 am - hanover, IN
i just started the ortho evra patch but seen soo many bad reviews i'm not sure wat i'm gonna do i'll give it a month i geuss and then see. it's always something or other right ladies?
kwo
on 11/26/10 11:56 pm
I am still using the pill but have found that I am having periods more frequently and so I'm looking into other options. Probably will do the shot. All I can say is for the ladies using the nuvo ring please please be careful. I filed with the FDA after my use. Every person I know within 1-2 years has had displasia. Mine was so severe after only 1 year of use that my Dr. said if I had waited a few months more I would have had cancer. So at least get your routing check ups-don't miss them. I had to have a huge chunk of my cervix removed, so when I am pregnant I have to have a stich to literally keep the baby in. I only have one child, and the complications of that pregnancy were imense. But enough about that, I would definately say that the pill is not being absorbed correctly any more and some other option is going to have to be used. I forgot about the patches, but I work in a pharmacy and know that they had a tendancy to come off. I think the sho9t will be the way I go.
Most Active