ATTENTION EARLY OUTS: Yes, You WILL "Stall"!

Elizabeth N.
on 9/24/08 1:27 am, edited 12/19/11 3:54 am - Burlington County, NJ

I have purposely removed the content of this and my other posts on this thread. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to keep in touch.

angeleyes74
on 9/24/08 1:31 am - Benson, VT
WOW! I have never heard it put that way! Thanks so much for posting this! I feel MUCH better now about my "down 4, up 2" pattern of weigth loss. I keep going up and down the same 2-3 pounds, and I am 8 weeks out. It's hard to get on the scale and remember that it's just data! Just a number-not the end-all be-all of me! Thanks again! Becky
foobear
on 9/24/08 2:22 am - Medford, MA
This post needs to be made "sticky"!  It's concise, to the point and accurate.

I know that it's easy to forget what it was like at 2 weeks out, but I still wonder if the half-dozen new people who post this question every-single-day have ever bothered to read the identical postings (and the infinitely patient responses) from their peers the same day and the previous day and the day before that.

/Steve

Elizabeth N.
on 9/24/08 2:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
andrea7374
on 9/24/08 3:05 am, edited 9/24/08 3:10 am - ND
On September 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote: I'm getting tired enough of seeing the same darned thing umpteen times a day that I might start reposting this thread NEW every day, just to get the word out. THERE. IS. NO. MAGIC. The scale does not drop like a rock straight to "goal," whatever that word is supposed to mean. (You've read my opinion of the scales.)

Hmmm. I might start posting a daily thread about the lying scales, too.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes for posting about my first "stall".  Remember there are new people on here everday at different points in their journey and do not know everything you know. Questions are going to naturally be repeated here...I actually took offense to this..
Thank you for the advice though........

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

Elizabeth N.
on 9/24/08 10:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
andrea7374
on 9/24/08 11:40 am - ND
On September 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
Well, the next time you have a question, try reading through a page or two of the board first. Chances are it's been asked and answered. There are many resources here that can be looked at as well.

This is a question that gets asked at least twice every 24 hours.

If you're going to post on a public message board, you're gonna need a thicker skin. Heaven forfend someone is actually not nice to you, if you took offense at this.
I read on here constantly..I was just surprised how fast this happened to me..I posted my experience is all..no harm in that..I read repeats of things every day too..its gonna happen. Who cares if it gets asked 20 times a day we shouldnt have to search everytime we have a ?. My skin is plenty thick thank you and I will leave it at that. No hard feelings and your information was interesting..

My original post today
"I know stalls will happen but I didn't expect to have one this soon out..the weight was melting off of me the first week and a half and now its been at a standstill for at least 5 days and even up a pound. Im not complaining as I lost about 17lbs since September 8th. Im just surprised because I thought this wasn't suppose to happen yet. Just hope this isn't a sign that I am going to have "troubles" from the start."
MacMadame
on 10/3/08 4:57 pm - Northern, CA
Yes, you should search first before you ask a question. It's called netiquette.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

lptazbear66
on 7/17/11 6:52 am - Murfreesboro, TN
The search area is a great tool too but sometimes people just want to vent about their stall. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Elizabeth N.
on 7/17/11 7:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1400 views