FREE excess skin removal

April Lopez
on 10/2/08 6:07 am - logansport, IN
Hi,

I do not know if this is true, but I plan to look into it tomorrow. While at the grocery store I bumped into a lady who's daughter had WLS a few years ago. She told me that The SHRINERS HOSPITAL for Children will do the skin removal for free as long as they can have the skin donated to them for their burn victims, for skin grafts.
As I said...I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS TRUE...I will research it and see. Has anyone else heard of this option ? It would be great if it were true not only for WLS patients , but for the children that have been burn victims, who need the grafts.
If I find out a definate, I will post again on the subject.

April
We Are All Butterflies, waiting to exit our cacoons.
                                       Rny Gastric Bypass 11/6/2007
                     Starting Weight 359.9- Surgeons Goal: 160
                                     Personal Goal: 130

joyhcagle
on 5/12/16 6:05 am

Hello everyone.

I'm very interested if anyone has actually found someone or a charity that will help with skin removal surgery.  I have lost in the ballpark of 430 pounds.  I have an extreme amount of extra skin as you can imagine with the amount of weight I have lost.  I feel so much more confident about my self image and my self esteem.  I don't even know the person that I was before, she was scared of everything and deep down so unhappy.  So any and all info is greatly appreciated and if I am able to help anyone with questions or just needing to talk feel free to get in touch with me..this surgery not only saved my life but have me so much more in life.  Thanks and was you all!

Joy Cagle

[email protected]

Sardog
on 8/27/20 6:17 pm

Hello my name is Mike, I had the GSB surgery July 7th 2010. As of today I'm between 195 to 200 lbs as you know I have a lot of leftover skin I would love to have it removed but my insurance will not cover it. I'm retired and wife and I are on a fixed income. When on the bike if wife grabs my love handles hell we drop 15mph lol.

Has anyone found out anything about will the burn center cover the cost of the skin reduction surgery if you donate the skin, is there any truth in this if so plz tell me who, what ,when and.where.

Thanks for any info you could give I definitely appreciate it.

Thanks for your time on this matter,

Mike

xeronner85
on 12/11/22 11:57 pm

I use jojoba oil and never have problems with my skin. Look for yourself, it has man benefits!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/2/08 6:10 am
Please do and let us know.  Sounds a bit too good to be true.... but maybe???

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

April Lopez
on 10/2/08 6:15 am - logansport, IN
I thought it sounded to good to be true too. That is why I stressed in my post that I was not sure if it was true or not. If I find out, I will for sure list details. I do know Cincinati Ohio has a Shriners burn center for children. My niece was a recipiant of skin grafts from them about 27 years ago, when she was 3 years old she pulled a pan of hat bacon grease onto her chest. Shriners paid the entire bill. She was flown to their hospital, all the surgeries were performed over years at no cost to my sister. Her final surgery was at 17 years old and that was to make final reconstruction to her breast, since she was at full grown adult stage. They took care of her free for 14 years ! I thank god everyday for them and what they did for her. Even if I find they can not do the surgery, I still will see if they can accept the skin as a donation.

April

chicklv
on 11/9/13 3:11 pm - Henderson, NV

they wont take our skn because they have to pay for OUR medical treatment and aftercare.....people who have passed  dont cost them a dime..they could at least help with the funeral costs fotr the familys who donated their loved ones.  I am not vain and have not any desire for a body lift..but if i was able to go under the knife for a burn victiim expesially a child i cold cover their whole body with the amount of extra skin i have...pretty sad situation i cry every time i see something on tv bout scarring and skin grafts when there are so many of us willing to donate living tissue

DreTheDog
on 10/2/08 6:14 am - Keller, TX
That actually sounds kinda neat. Donating your excess skin. I think I'd even pay and donate.
April Lopez
on 10/2/08 6:17 am - logansport, IN
My thoughts exactly..what a kind act of someone...to give such a gift to another. All they do after surgery other wise is put it in medical waste ! I prefer to help someone with mine if possible, even if I have to pay.

April

Joyce_V
on 10/2/08 6:15 am - Brownsburg, IN
I'm thinking I do remember hearing that some hospitals will do it for free if you donate the skin, but I don't remember if that is all hospitals or just the Shriners or what.  It makes sense to me. 

Updated 07/30/09
Most Active