FREE excess skin removal

AlaskanMalGal55
on 8/6/13 4:59 am

I have an Alaskan Malamute named Dakota :-)

sjafreeman
on 12/1/12 1:55 pm - Manteca, CA

I had surgery in June 2011..  I dont regret it.  I think the dontating of skin thing is a great idea.  I think from reading this Ive gotten the point that the skin is not usable.  Got it.......

I do however have questions for people. I was diabetic prior to surgery, taking meds for it. I was discharged from the hospital not taking any meds.  BUT, now I have problems with my sugar just dropping.  They tell me that I am not balancing out my carbs and proteins.   So I was eating alot of protein, and it was still doing it.  I added more carbs, and it still does it.  I can be sleeping and wake up with it at 46. 

Im at a loss. What am I supposed to do now ?  They tell me that its dumping syndrome, BUT I think that I am still diabetic.

Any sugestions

mayadebbie52
on 1/16/13 6:29 am

plez help i would love to donate a lot of skin if . I can get the surgey done for free

MsBatt
on 1/23/13 12:42 pm

Nope, sorry, not gonna happen.

maria1099
on 1/23/13 11:53 am

I had my gastric bypass done 07/25/2011. My beginning weight was 260 and now 18 months later I am 125 pounds. I am extremely happy with my weight loss and have no regrets. I am looking for a way to have my skin removed and heard there are organizations available to do it at no cost to the patient. My breast have gone from DD to hanging B's at the best. My skin is not as bad as some I have seen and actually looks better than any I have seen so far in the past 18 months but I still have body image issues.

MsBatt
on 1/23/13 12:43 pm

No one's going to do this for free---sorry.

COOKE1
on 4/21/13 8:22 pm - palm bay, FL

HI, I WISH THAT IT WOULD BE FREE. BUT NOTHING IS FREE ANYMORE.  I HAD MY GASTRICBYPASS IN 2006. I WAS 245LB. IM 170. I GAIN SOME WEIGHT BACK AND I GET SO DOWN.I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT HELL WITH THIS BYPASS. I GET GAS THAT BLOTS ME UP SO BAD WITH ALOT OF PAIN IN MY CHEST. I LIVE ON TUMS AND GAS-X IT SUCKS. I HAVE LOOSE BELLY SKIN THAT I WOULD LIKE REMOVED. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANYONE WHO WOULD TAKE FL. BLUE AND MEDACARE. IM STILL ON MY INSLIEN THREE TIMES ADAY. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.

brhine32
on 7/23/13 4:01 am

I've lost 234 lbs and have quite a lot of things that need to be done.  It would be awesome if I could donate my skin instead of just having it thrown away.  It would also be great to receive free skin removal in the process.  I've started the process of trying to find just the right surgeon for me in my area.  So far, the costs of surgery proposals is astronomical to say the least!  Insurance paid all but about $2700 of my Bariatric Bypass surgery which was great!  I was hoping that they would at least help with my breast and tummy tuck.  But according to the three surgeons that I've seen thus far, it's hopeless.  My husband, who is extremely supportive, says that we'll figure out something and that I've worked way too hard to be shut down now!

AlaskanMalGal55
on 8/6/13 4:55 am

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband!!

AlaskanMalGal55
on 8/6/13 4:53 am

I am checking into that as well April.  Please keep me posted and I will keep you posted on what I find out about this.  I have heard the surgery would be free for the skin donation.  My appointment with my WLS surgeon for my 1 year checkup is Dec 4 and I will be talking to him about the skin removal surgery at that time.  Trying to get my ducks lined up.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1373 views