Update on Kathy Harris

KathyHarris
on 1/18/09 8:29 pm - Dayton, TN
I have been asked by numerous members to post an update and I apologize that I haven't posted as I should but once I escaped from that body I was in I couldn't stay at home.  LOL.  So here is your update (sorry so long) on the Harris' of Dayton, TN.  

This March it will be six (6) years since I was "switched".  I have kept my weight off and have not gained any of it back but it is a daily struggle as all of you know.  I did weigh 352.5 pounds before surgery and now I fluctuate from 155 to 160.  If I get any lighter than that then everyone freaks and tells me I have made a mistake by having weight loss surgery because I am fading away to nothing.  Yes, people have actually said this to me.  

Jonathan has grown up evidentally I blinked and he shot up to 6 foot 3 inches and he will be 18 in April; he is a Junior in high school but he is still my baby; Jeff is Jeff he is the only one that hasn't changed over the last few years.  We are still not in our new house yet (UNFORTUNATELY) but hopefully soon.  

Because of the show I have been blessed to do some motivational speaking at doctor's offices, Churches, hospitals and anywhere I can get someone to listen to me.  LOL.  We need all of the encouragement that we can get and I love nothing more than motivating other switchers to keep on keeping on.  LOL. 

I am glad to see that Dr. Husted is back in the South.  He gave me the tool; his office gave me the knowledge; and God gave me the will.  So many have surgery and think that it is a quick fix but it is only a procedure you have to use it properly for it to work correctly.  I thank God everyday for Dr. Husted and his staff.  I am alive today because of him.  

Not everyone may need a switch but it was the only WLS that could save my life and I am thankful that I found it.  I would love to hear from you about your WLS.  

Who knows I may be coming to an area near you soon.  So please be sure to come and see me and hear me motivate you.  

I believe that God blessed me with the gift of gab for a reason and that reason is for me to do motivational speaking and help those that can't help themselves.  I believe this with all my heart but the hard thing for me is to remember it will "happen" in God's time not Kathy's.  So keep watching for me I will be showing up in an area near you soon and please come and see me and tell me your story. 

Big hugs and thanks for watching the show and for making a hillbilly feel so special.  I pray that God continues to bless you as you start or continue on your weight loss journey.  Kathy Harris           email address:  [email protected]
Fitzymom
on 1/18/09 10:51 pm - Bradford, MA
Well since you haven't been on here there are a lot of new comers.  LIKE ME!  WHen having a bad day I always look to read something inspirational.  Your post was it today! 

Thanks for taking the time to post the update. 
[
bigbelly125
on 1/20/09 5:37 pm

I had my surgery back in Sept. of 200
 I still am at 220 and can't seem to be able to push my self.
I was down to 212 and I guess I will never see my goal of 198.
I don't feel like trying any more.

KathyHarris
on 1/24/09 9:57 pm - Dayton, TN
What year was it you had surgery?  All I got was 200___?

You an do it too!  Do you go to your doctor's support group meetings or does he have them?  It is very important to hear of other WLS patients struggles and triumphs bc it helps us to be a success as well.  You CAN'T give up.  You CAN'T quit.  You went through surgery to just do nothing.  I think not.  You need to step up to the plate and hit that ball out of the park and then you can be "the artist formerly known as bigbelly125" you could even weigh 125.  Have faith and anything is possible.  Keep in touch.  Kathy
Most Active