My Poop Clogs Toilets!!!

dwpersel
on 2/22/09 8:35 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
My brother and I have had the same problem all of our lives, as did out father. Sometimes it helps to break up the poops with the plunger, or to poop in installments and flush away multiple times during a BM. I haven't had to resort to getting a plumber out though. Usually the above methods work or turning off the water to the tank after it fills up so if the BM doesn't go down the water won't come up over the commodes top.
Marti2048
on 2/22/09 9:53 pm - Richmond, VA
I had to laugh while reading this.  It could be me.  I clog up toilets everywhere!!  Yesterday, I was visiting my DH at the hospital and clogged up that toilet!!  At home, however, I keep a gallon or bigger jug in the bathroom.  When there is a clog, I pour very ho****er down the toilet for about 10 min.  It seems to work.  (This was DH's idea)
Thanks for sharing. I really thought it was only me!!

Martha
Chrialg6
on 2/22/09 11:16 pm - MA
Not that *I* have ever had such an unlady like problem but.. umm. a little dish soap squirted into the toilet , let sit, then plunge works wonders!

Starting weight 273

Current weight 162

PlasticRevolution.blogspot.com

anne_b
on 2/22/09 11:45 pm - Covina, CA
Oh hooray, I am not alone! 

No, discovering that others are laughing at my problem only makes me laugh more.  All of your stories were absolutely hilarious.  And no, none of the toilets that I have used and clogged were "low flush" water-saving toilets.  I am fairly certain that if that's all our house had, I would be better off digging a hole in the back yard and pooping there.  But while our garden would most likely benefit, I am sure it would scare off all the neighborhood cats, not to mention our own loveable chicken-dog, who is deathly afraid of our washer and dryer, pool sweep and wind chimes.
Highest Known Weight:  312 lbs.
Weight on Surgery Day:  302 lbs.
Current Weight:  197 lbs.
Weight Lost:  -115 lbs. from Highest Weight
Goal Weight:  165 lbs.
Weight Loss Needed to Reach Goal:  32 lbs. to Go!

preciouslilynana
on 1/18/12 11:57 am
hi, so glad to find you.  i had bariatric surgery almost 2 years ago and it was after that when my huge BMs started.  i attributed it to the Fibercon that i was told to take so a few weeks ago i stopped the Fibercon but still have the problem.  i have talked to the bariatric nurse and my own doctor about it and got the impression that i am the first person to ever present with the problem.  Dr said "modern plumbing just doesn't accomodate a heathy bowel movement'.
but i need a solution, seriously.  i take it day by day.  i try to only use public restrooms that have super power flush (like Walmart).  is there a  link between the surgery and the problem?  well if there is or if there isn't, the problem is here and we need a solution.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  i lost 90 pounds and need to lose 15 more.
EileenF.
on 2/23/09 12:15 am - Highland, IN
OMG!  I'm so glad to hear that it's not just me...I have to keep a wire hanger along with a plunger next to my toilet.  Crazy!!
Leth62
on 2/23/09 1:22 am - St.Marys, OH
Too funny on the timing.
This just happened to me this morning also!
I dropped a "full load", and after multiple flushes, it ran over the top onto the floor.
I was mortified as to how much was inside me. I weighed myself  afterwards and lost 2.5 pounds!
So, that meant a load of towels and a rug went directly into the washer and the bathroom got freshly cleaned.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!
Thanks for the chuckle, (I was not laughing while I was cleaning up the mess!)
Have a great day!
Lisa
terrialbri
on 2/23/09 2:57 am

Poop in installments, OMG I'm dying over here.  Too too funny.

Terri

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil.4:13

Keswickian
on 7/2/11 9:40 am
This reply was made a long time ago, but I just happened to be looking things up today and saw this:
http://www.livingxl.com/store/en_US/catalog/browse_product.jsp;jsessionid=WGEKS3EZ2Y431LAZAGRSFEVMDEA0IJVC?clear=true&catID=cat10009&id=cat10009

They have larger sized toilet seats which, if you still need one, seems to be pretty helpful.
SweetGirl11
on 2/17/15 6:52 am

Hi!

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to respond because I now don't feel so alone with my ginormous "mega poops"! I keep a supply of small plastic hangers in the bathroom to use to break up my super poops, and then throw it away. Courtesy flushes or flushing while pooping sometimes works but often makes things worse because the poop gets stuck anyway.  I think my hubby still thinks I'm clogging the toilet with paper, but, alas, it's just me and my super poops!   

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Most Active