EGD/colonoscopy
390cooper · 3 replies · 33 views
Loop DS vs standard DS
Forever1 · 2 replies · 30 views

Itchy incisions?

Sarah R.
on 3/14/09 9:21 am - Victorville, CA
VSG on 11/23/12
My incisions are so itchy today. I am trying so hard not to scratch, is there anything I can use on them?

Sarah
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 9:56 am - Sevierville, TN
Try taking a shower and cleaning the areas. Sometimes the itching can be from bandages and tape. Removing the residue can help. Itching also means they are healing. I don't think it is safe to put anything but a little neosporin on them. Don't think that will help the itching though.
Karen
Sarah R.
on 3/15/09 9:36 am - Victorville, CA
VSG on 11/23/12
Thanks. I did shower it helped for the moment. I actually don't have bandages my Dr. used derma bond or something like that. It is very strange seeing the incisions with no bandages or anything.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

trisu
on 3/14/09 10:05 am - IL
RNY on 03/02/09 with
 I'm right along with you! I have no advice to offer but I'm 12 days out and mine are itchy as well!
Patty B.
on 3/14/09 10:16 am
Itch means heal....I put vitamin E oil on them once they were closed and that helped but all in all.  You are HEALING Yeah!  Patty B

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 7:47 am
Yes, unfortunately as another person posted the itching is a sign of the incisions healing. I had 2 c-section and those incisions are definitely worst than the incision from a lap rny. But you just have to wait it out..It does get better though. I am only 5 days out but I am many yrs out from my 2 c- sections..
Sarah R.
on 3/15/09 9:39 am - Victorville, CA
VSG on 11/23/12
Thanks. It is good to know it is a sign of healing, but I have 7 incisions so I can't even really itch around them. I am trying to not think about them. Do you remember how long they itch for? Or how long they take to heal? My incisions from getting my tubes tied were tiny and there were only 3 of them. I'm not sure why these are so much bigger and so many more.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

mmob
on 3/15/09 7:59 am - CA
I had the same problem about a week after my surgery.  My surgeon recommended that after my shower, I put a little Keri lotion (sensitive skin) around the incision.  That solved the problem.

Amber Bauman
on 1/5/11 9:46 pm - OK
Oh my gosh Mine are sooo itchy too. I have my stomach wrap on so I kinda softly VERY SOFTLY rub over them on top of my wrap but nothing helps. lol I tried the shower thing & it works momentarily but then they start back up again! Its awful LOL Glad Im not the only one who dealt with this.

Oh btw I'm 6 days out.