Lump at incision site?

Calypsobard
on 3/15/09 11:18 pm
get the big thick surgi pads.  those are wonderful.
The same thing happened to me.  It was HORRID and drained for days and days and days.
My site was infected though (red and puckering at the staples) so i ended up at the ER with antibiotic IV and a prescription for more antibiotics.

The waking up to the draining was horrific. 

good times. 

The lump gets smaller as it drains.  Best Wishes!! 
Katz4life
on 3/16/09 6:55 am
Did you have the laparoscopic RNY? They took out the staples on the 6 sites prior to my discharge on 3/8/9. This was the only site with a lump. After the draining occurred, the site was reddish and wrinkled however now it seems to have stopped draining and I don't feel the uncomfortable feeling of the lump now...thank goodness!

Thanks for your input & help!
zioness
on 12/1/09 1:25 pm - lake in the hills, IL
 i have a seroma on my leg that just burst almost a year out of surgery. it was drained in june andi though it was ok. just a small lump. but a week ago it got red, sore, inflamed and burst this morning. pain subsided some but i have to dress it now. it looks awful. have to get a shot in the hip for 5 days also.

Surgery Date: March 13, 2007
redgal5
on 9/4/13 2:28 am - FL
REALIZE Band on 05/01/13

I had a seroma also that suddenly drained.  Surgeon says it is gone but the drainage has not stopped.  It's been four months.  Doc says that there is a pocket still behind my incision in my belly button.  Your body just naturally wants to fill any space with fluid.  So, they want to go back in and clean it out, make sure there is no infection (so far no symptoms, took a round of antibiotics), and make sure the port is healing correctly.

I have stabbing pain at the port site.  I'm not sure why, but I pray that when she goes in she will see what's going on, and fix it.

By the way, I love my surgeon Dr. Jessee.  She did my husband's surgery also - no complications - and the support has been phenomenal.  He has lost 125 lbs and is in the best shape of his life.  You all know that means he has worked really hard, but we credit Dr. Jessee and her staff with being the best cheer section we could ever ask for!

Anyone else have stabbing pain at the port site?  What was it?

Katz4life
on 3/15/09 11:22 pm
UPDATE - I took a shower and have redressed it with gauze afterwards and after keeping a washcloth over it for about an hour it seems to not be draining as much.
Most Active