Rash under my now hanging belly!

Susan S.
on 3/25/09 12:23 am - Roselle, NJ
 There is also a gel and/or cream by monostate - for antichafing - that is both very soothing and has anti-fungal ingredients in it....I used it preop for thigh rub and under my belly and breasts......and it worked very effectively.   Document this all as you know........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 12:34 am
Zeasorb powder from CVS or Walgreens... works like a charm.
kandymc
on 3/25/09 1:31 am - Summerville, SC
Go to your doctor! If you go to your PCP each time this flares up it will be documented. If it it documented then you can get a referral and most insurance companied will pay for a tummy tuck or whatever needs to be done. Not only in the tummy area but others where rashes form. It is considered a health issue and can be taken care of. This was told to me by someone who does billing for a hospital.

Height 5'4" This is weight lost after my Lap RNY on March 11, 2009

knh771
on 3/25/09 1:54 am - WY
My doc diagnosed this as a yeast infection.  I have a prescription cream that I use when it flares up.  One thing my doc suggested was getting a baby's receiving blanket, cutting it into strips, and placing a strip under your apron to reduce irritation.
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Unknown

298/272/162/1??
highest/surgery/current/
goal

Disappearing Me
on 3/25/09 2:08 am - Murphysboro, IL
I've had trouble with these, too.  I love the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel! 

Also, my OBGYN gave me a prescription once for Nystatin powder, and every time it flared up, I used it and it was gone the next day.  I'm going to have to ask my regular doctor for some more.
Carolyn M.
on 3/25/09 4:21 am - Carrollton, IL
I have not had WLS so I have a apron that hangs down to my knees, I do not have any problems because I use Stick antipersirpant ( under-arm)  I dry first and  then roll this on after every shower.
My aunt gave me this suggestions and she uses a certain one but I use secrect or dollar general band.
I use it under my arms, under my boobs, and in the folds of fat that lay against my legs and undernearth
hope this helps.      Carolyn
jojoplus2
on 3/25/09 4:24 am - MN
I have a prescription for nystatin cream - if it's real bad or the powder. It usually clears up in a day or two. Yes, get it documented by your doctor! Good luck to you!

Jojoplus 2 aka Joanie
Total unfil 8-19-10 -4.6ccs
Refill 8-30-10 to 2.5ccs
2nd Refill 9-20-10 to 3.55ccs

Louisette
on 3/25/09 4:27 am - NY
Thank you everyone for responding and offering suggestions!  I LOVE this board!

Lynn  
5"11"
RNY 11/06/08
 330 ~136 
(Past, Present)

meli66
on 3/25/09 5:01 am - duncanville, TX
i have that rash under my belly,under one arm,behind both knees,both ankles and on both inner thighs,back of neck and one arm not all at once but randomly i say keep them clean and dry and use desitin or another diaper rash oitment.good luck!
MommaJean
on 3/25/09 6:37 am
Hello. I've been having this rash before my surgery. I've used all of your ideas over time. Also, use a white towel,folded, wrap an elastic  wrap (ace 3" wide) around body. hook with safety pins. This works to keep me dry when I'm sweating a lot.  Along with the powders. Takes some getting used to. I'm lucky my kid helps me. Thanks for listening.
Most Active