Discoloration in lower legs/ankles/feet

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 2:58 am - SAN DIEGO, CA

I have been searching the internet for answers to this same question.  Let me just say you have described my problem

exactly.  I really don't think its just associated to being overweight because I've never been overweight, my cholesterol is low

and my body mass is lean.  My problem started about the time I learned my liver was in a serious state due to hepatitis. So, its  

definitely associated with poor circulation.  Also, my Father and  his father both had it.  So why doesn't anyone have an answer

to this question??  Why the discoloration and will it go away?  I absolutely hate  it! I myself have been doing acupuncture and

its helped me a lot, sometimes the color gets lighter it all depends on how much I'm on my feet. I am determined to get the

answer to these questions. Good luck to you, I feel your pain.    NP

mahalom
on 8/14/15 8:35 pm

Since this as an old post, you may have already succeeded in alleviating your lower leg discoloration.  I tried everythiing for 8 years to no avail until I tried light therapy - specifically near infrared light.  I've been using it every day for a couple weeks and can see definite improvement.  You can make a light box yourself for under $100.  I place my legs in front of the lights approx 18" away for 30 minutes twice per day.  It can feel like it's burning but the redness goes away within an hour.  It also helps to put aloe vera on your legs after the session.  I found all the info in Dr. Wilson's book "Sauna Therapy" from Amazon.

tamiissunshine
on 4/21/09 1:44 am - Halsey, OR
My feet would also get really cold during the winter especially and it was so hard to warm them up. I thought also that by doing the treadmill that it might help increase circulation and make the swelling less and maybe the color more normal but it hasn't made any difference so far. But we'll see, if may just take more weight loss. I know I should probably spend the money and get it checked out to be sure and safe.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active