Pre-mixed protein shakes

smartin69
on 5/28/09 7:17 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for protein shakes that are already pre-mixed?  I want something that I can take to work and i don't want to mix it.  I have ensure and boost but they are both high in carbs.  Any suggestions in lower carb brands?
Bubblishouz
on 5/28/09 7:21 pm - Fresno, CA
Muscle Milk Light at Costco is on sale right now for a case of 24 it's like $17.00 with a coupon.  It only has 10 carbs and 20 g of protien per drink.  Not bad if you ask me.

Jim H.
on 5/28/09 10:03 pm - Chetek, WI
On May 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM Pacific Time, Bubblishouz wrote:
Muscle Milk Light at Costco is on sale right now for a case of 24 it's like $17.00 with a coupon.  It only has 10 carbs and 20 g of protien per drink.  Not bad if you ask me.
Is this a members coupon?
I looked online and the online price is $29.99 per 24

morgansmommy
on 5/28/09 7:32 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
I like the EAS Carb Advantage. They only have 4 flavors and are around $6-$8 for a 4 pack. Like most RTD drinks they taste best very cold.
Mary
stellarsan
on 5/28/09 7:39 pm - Dunedin, FL
Hi! I likethe Adkinnd advantage Protein Shakes - they are at all of the groceries that I go to, Mainly Publix because I live in FL. They are low in carbs and taste great - my faves are Strawberry and Mocha, and I'm just now trying the dark chocolate.

I have tried most of the clear protein RTDs, and cannot even come close to tolerating them, inclusing the Isopure Zero Carb bottled drinks. I even tried to freeze them to see fi they would be better as a popsicle - no go.

Good luck to you and if you come across something you liek, please let me know! I'm constantly searching because work is the hardest place to get the protein in.

kandymc
on 5/28/09 7:47 pm - Summerville, SC
I used the Atkins Advantage. They were good and easy to take with you. I bought mine at Walmart because they had the best price and a lot of times they had bonus packs.

Height 5'4" This is weight lost after my Lap RNY on March 11, 2009

Melissa F.
on 5/28/09 7:48 pm - newnan, GA
I love the EAS Advantage Carb Control. 17g protein, and low carb (less than 10) and Sugar count. At my local wal-mart, they are 4.97 a 4 pack, and are delish.
Melissa F.

SW/CW/GW
241.5/140/135

"Live life to the fullest, because you may never know what your future holds"

nnnancy
on 5/28/09 8:01 pm - Peyton, CO
I LIVE for the AcheiveOne Mocha Java (available from Bariatric Eating, iBariatric, and sometimes Amazon.com - but only if your doc allows coffee!!)

Nancy

dreamzbac04
on 5/29/09 4:51 am
Do they have a really strong coffee flavor?
Kristin
Tomorrow is another day!

nnnancy
on 5/29/09 5:41 am - Peyton, CO
Not super-strong (not as strong as CLICK, for instance), but still definitely a coffee drink! They now make a plain chocolate and a vanilla flavored drink for those who don't like coffee, but I haven't tried them. Others seem to like them, tho....

Nancy

Leslie C.
on 5/28/09 8:03 pm - Metairie, LA
I love EAS carb control.  Taste yummy but must be really cold.
Leslie
   a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW218/GW160    5' 9"  
Melissa F.
on 5/29/09 6:23 am - newnan, GA
Leslie,

I agree with you. They say not to FREEZE, but I'm a lil rebel I tend to do things differently  LOL  I freeze mine about 30 minutes before I drink
and they are YUMMY

Melissa F.

SW/CW/GW
241.5/140/135

"Live life to the fullest, because you may never know what your future holds"

GayleTx
on 5/28/09 8:05 pm - northeast, TX
RNY on 09/03/09 with
Achieve One has been out of business for quite some time.  However, BariatrocEating  is now producing its own RTD (ready to drink) that is almost  the same product  under the name Believe.
nnnancy
on 5/29/09 5:43 am - Peyton, CO
Actually, AchievOne has reformulated and re-packaged their products in tetra packs, available from the websites I mentioned above. They were unavailable for several months previous, tho.....

Nancy

Dave55
on 5/28/09 8:17 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
I've been using the Premier Protein shakes from Costco. They have 30 g of protein and 5g of carbs. They also taste alot better than the other shakes I've tried. I paid $22 for a case of 18.
volfan-in-alabama
on 5/28/09 8:17 pm - Albertville, AL
Baratric Advantage extreme Smoothies.:

Calories---170 Gr
Total Fat---0.5 Gr
Choles---10mg
Sodium---60mg
Potassium-430mg
Carbs----6 Gr
Sugar----4 Gr
Protein---36 Gr

Comes in chocolate, vanilla, Strawberry--and is delicious!
Cost about 2.50 per Can

I recommend it Highlt.
Volfan-in-Alabama ( HW/SW/CW/GW  448/439/244.8/225)
"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~George Eliot
    oh_c_cardL1-1.gif image by volfaninalabama
http://valfan-in-alabamaweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/  Please visit
GrammySammy
on 5/28/09 11:27 pm - riverbank, CA
Premier Nutrition Chocolate Shake. smooth , Creamy, no lumps and 30g of protien , 1 gm sugar, 3gm fat and 160 calories. . Get them at Costco or online from the company directly and have delivered to your door. They are yummy, best tasting one I have found so far.
Premier Protein Shake Chocolate

Nutrition Facts

Amount/Serving   % DV*   Amount/Serving   % DV*

Serving Size: 1 shake (11 fl. oz.)   Total Fat 3g   5%   Total Carbohydrate 5g   2%
Servings: 1     Sat. Fat 0g   0%     Dietary Fiber 3g   13%
Calories 160     Trans Fat 0g         Sugars 1g    
  Fat Cal. 30   Cholesterol 15mg   8%   Protein 30g    
    Sodium 330mg   14%        
*Percentage Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.   Potassium 680mg   20%        

Vitamin A   25%   Vitamin C   25%
Calcium   25%   Iron   25%
Vitamin D   25%   Vitamin E   25%
Vitamin K   25%   Thiamin   25%
Riboflavin   25%   Niacin   25%
Vitamin B6   25%   Folate   25%
Vitamin B12   25%   Biotin   25%
Pantothenic Acid   25%   Phosphorus   25%
Iodine   25%   Magnesium   25%
Zinc   25%   Selenium   25%
Copper   25%   Manganese   25%
Chromium   25%   Molybdenum   25%

Bubblishouz
on 5/29/09 2:10 am - Fresno, CA
You  can walk into Costco and ask them for a coupon book if your a member.  Sometimes they mail coupons out to the members. 

WeighingIn
on 5/30/09 11:24 pm - Simi Valley, CA
I like WorldWide Pure Protein shakes. They come in 11-oz cans and you can get them at GNC, Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy.

I like the chocolate and the cookies 'n cream flavors best, but they also have vanilla, strawberry and banana cream flavors, and I like them all (though I'm not crazy for the strawberry, surprisingly enough).

They have 150 or 170 calories (depends on the flavor), 35 g of protein, and either 2 or 4 carbs (depending on the flavor), 1 g of fat and 1 g of sugar.

Refrigerate, and, when you're ready to use it, shake well and drink over a little ice if possible. They taste quite good, and I still drink at least one every day (usually dividing it up and drinking half in the morning and half later in the day).