Food Stamps- Online Stores?

kathkeb
on 6/4/09 6:11 am

Raven -- I don't know (good question, actually).

Do you have a trusted neighbor, or perhaps a local church will be able to help you out.

I'll bet some of what you need (perhaps protein powders, vitamins) may not be easily available locally, so hopefully you will find an on-line resouce that can help you.

Good luck!!

Kath

ddwscw
on 6/4/09 6:12 am - Modesto, CA
Just curious, from your previous posts I think you have 3 roommates...could one of them pick up your groceries for you??? I don't know if that is possible with a EBT card or not. Or maybe your town has a Dial-a-Ride system that can get you to and from the store???  Most stores have a scooter shopping cart so you could ride while shopping. Try contacting the Disability Services in your area for more information. Good luck.

Includes 25 lbs. pre-op loss.

By Jazelle

By Jazelle
ravengrrl
on 6/4/09 6:34 am, edited 6/4/09 6:36 am - Thornton, CO
I'm totally abandoning this topic on here.  I can't cure willful ignorance and prejudice.  I know that I have worked my ass off for 18 1/2 years and continue to pay taxes even though I receive some government assistance.  I know that my family who so proudly served in the military had to use assistance just because my dad was out to sea and the government took money out of his check and we kids nearly went hungry...how's that for your government social program?  I know that in that 18 1/2 years, I have helped to fund countless programs that have saved lives (I have worked for City of Hope, National Jewish Medical Center, and the National Stroke Association and even ran a food bank), even those of the people who were so rude and uncompassionate as to ridicule me here.  I can't cure your heart, which is two sizes too small.  I can't cure your reliance on generalities to define an entire segment of the population.  I know who I am and what I am and none of you naysayers will ever be able to take that away from me.  I am loved and supported by my god, my family and my friends, and I am supported by wonderful people on this site.  I truly hope that none of you ever have to experience the hell of wondering how you will feed your child, by going hungry (which I have done so that my son could be fed), and by losing your home.  I wish you all the best on your journey and hope that one day compassion will rule instead of self-centeredness.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

warrenandbrodysmom
on 6/4/09 6:37 am - VICTORVILLE, CA
I dont know if you have a VONS in your area but i know they deliver...you do all your shopping on the web site then they bring you your stuff, but not sure if you can pay with EBT benefits when you use the delivery option. You should call VONS and see if thats an option.
GOOD LUCK.

Robin

lbsadropping
on 6/4/09 6:54 am - Crofton, MD
You did'nt write any grant request for my stroke therapy.  And please dont acuse me of being religious.  Ignorant maybe,  somewhat bigoted possibly, senile at times, rambeling, to much old fartism in me, yea, and way to much time on my hands yes. 
 I got you going on 2 boards.  You are the one who waisted the time to show  everyone how intelligent you are
ravengrrl
on 6/4/09 7:00 am - Thornton, CO
Yes, I did in fact write grant requests for YOUR stroke therapy. My job funded many programs and therapies you benefitted from.  I might not have gotten you a check, but I sure as heck helped your life.  YOU are the one who talked about how you give to your church.  Obviously, you are simply a church goer.

If you want to insult my intelligence, perhaps you should learn to spell and use some punctuation.  It's "wasted" not "waisted."  I for one am simply tired of you and your willful ignorance and pathetic attempt at an argument.  I wish you the best in your journey.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

lbsadropping
on 6/4/09 8:35 am, edited 6/4/09 8:38 am - Crofton, MD
I cant spell and have forgotten most of my basic grammer. My recall is limited.  Meaning is still there.  My stroke rehab was in Sete France
smoothecreole
on 6/4/09 2:47 pm
RNY on 01/23/09 with
Raven,

Leave this idiot alone........he just wants attention,

and hey lbsgone ,get off our board with this crap...nobody has time for this...we are trying to loose weight around here........go to a TALK SHOW with your opinions

Ms Cat  

I  often wondered  where the real me has been?  I then decided  where the real me is going!!!

dustydeer
on 6/4/09 7:08 am
Well, what about your brand new gym membership that your live in boyfriend just bought you yesterday AT the gym?
Curious as to how he can live there and work, your ex lives there and can work, and you can get TO a gym, support your ex's girlfriend, who also lives there, but can't find a way to the grocery store to use your food stamps?
You know, get real. How lazy must someone be to get some assistance, and still not be able to go out and buy the food.  You were also just asking about purchasing Vitamuffins online. Jeez, I am living on a budget of my own money and counting every penny, and shopping at Aldi and Save-A-Lot.
sweeney1
on 6/4/09 7:13 am
Don't forget about the lap pool.
Most Active