Had ultrasound on my upper stomach at 7 am today

robinfrommilw
on 6/18/09 11:57 pm - WI
Well been having these attacks that I am double in pain on my right side just below my rib cage. I went to the doctor yesterday she was gone so the nurse practioner order blood work and ultrasound. The ultrasound couldn't be done because I had a protein drink and water. They said it had to be on empty stomach. So went there today very thirsty and hungry. All the lady could tell me it look good that it is. That my doctor should have the results in 2 days. I hate waiting. So if she says it looks good does this mean I don't have gallstones?? I know losing weight quickly can cause gallstones as well as having the gastric bypass. I have lost over 50 lbs since January. Maybe it is just gas and constipation together. I am also diabetic and have to worry about the pancreas as well. I am on byetta as well. So if it isn't gallstones then what can these attacks be from. I didn't eat anything that would cause pain. I was actually driving to a restraunt when the attack happen. And then it happen before bed and then yesterday. So far today no attacks. The pain comes and goes. Sometimes the pain is just sitting there more like a dull pain then the pain intensives to very sharp pains. And she also did the sides of my back thought that was unusual for upper stomach ultrasound. What were they looking at the kidneys?
Will this test count as my pre surgery ultrasound test of the gallbladder? I just finish my 6 months waiting for the surgeon office to call me for appt.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Kimberly A.
on 6/19/09 12:27 am - New Bern, NC
The pain you describe is what I had with gallstones.  They took my gallbladder out during my RNY since I'd already had attacks in the past.  Try to avoid greasy/fatting foods, that seems to trigger the attacks. I used to take gas pills to help with the attacks.  It seemed to work.   Hope you feel better soon.

Kimberly

HW/SW/CW/Goal/Height
297/268/144/140/5'3

Marine_Princess81
on 6/19/09 2:42 am
 I have lived with the pain for two months now, on and off. 
Its more then likely gall stones with sludge.. They'll just take it out.
I was suppose to have my gall bladder out today,but  my insurance isn't paying for it..long story on that one..so i had to cancel for now...
i hope that you get out of pain soon. it a sucky pain to be in..
Annmarie 

ps my pain comes and goes, if i eat if i don't eat... just depends on the day in the middle of the night.. 
just things shifting around. 
robinfrommilw
on 6/19/09 3:43 am - WI
wish the techs could tell you more than just looks good. hope that means they didnt' find anything wrong but then what can it be. I been taking prevacid since my attack after my knee surgery in March. The over the counter priolsec or nexium wasn't working. and nexium no longer covered by my insurance. The prevacid has been working been taking it every morning like clock work. As the last time dr said it was gastritis. so wonder if it is that again or my constipation problem last week the pain was in the lower due to the constipation was really bad. I ate a fiber one bar as well this morning. Trying to get that fiber in as well. Need to go drink some water. Just got back from my knee surgeon. Well don't have to go back unless I start having pain again in my knees then I will need another series of 3 with synvisc in 5 to 6 months only if bothers me again. I had last one a month ago. And it feels great now works better than cortisone.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin