weight loss after 2 years.

gilinredhat
on 7/17/09 4:56 am
RNY on 07/10/07 with
hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any info about losing weight after the 18 month to 2 year window.  I am 2 years out of GBS.  I am still 60 lbs over my goal.  I have lost over 125 lbs though and I am happy about that but I really would like to lose this last 60. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Debbiejean
on 7/17/09 5:37 am - Shelbyville, MI

Exercise. Moderation. Lifestyle change.
Took me 2 years to get to goal size 6/8

So what's your exercise program?

How much protein and carbs do you eat daily?

Your not done losing til you say your done...Walk, lift weights, ride your bike.
Exercise does not have to be done in the gym but it helps when you go to exercise classes. They push you more.

gilinredhat
on 7/17/09 11:58 pm
RNY on 07/10/07 with
I am running 3 days a week.  I may add swimming 3 days now.  I dont think I ma done but my doctor says I am.  I have gone from a 28 to a 16.  I would like to get down to a 10.  Can you tell me what you eat -protien ect?

Thanks
ginny
Chicago
Debbiejean
on 7/19/09 10:10 pm - Shelbyville, MI

Ginny here is what I've done that works for me. (You should start lifting weights too)

1. I walk every day for 3 miles, takes me less than an hour to do this
2. I alternate my workouts with the following classes at the gym, I'm never bored and actually look forward to attending these classes of: Spin Class, Water Aerobics and weight lifting class.

Now that's summer is here I also enjoy riding my bike. I'm very active now. I hate sitting in front of the TV...I have a tendency to start grazing when I sit in front of the boob tube.

If you don't have a work out buddy, find someone. They will hold you accountable.

I don't drink any protein shakes, I would rather eat food than drink. I eat a lot of dense protein like steak, chicken, salmon, fish, shrimp.

Now that your further out post op; things change a bit. I drink water like a normal person, no sipping and I don't gulp though either.
I also wait ONE HOUR after eating so I stay "fuller" longer.

My snacks that I always keep in my purse (along with water) are beef jerky and nuts and string cheese.

Really if you follow these simple rules those 60 pounds will come off, it will take awhile but it's not a race and it really is a lifestyle change. I never ever drink with my meals. I reach for protein first then fresh veggies/fruits after that I'm full and don't want dessert.

I usually exercise 2 and sometimes 3 hours a day. 1 hr in the AM before I get to work then I will walk on my break. Later when I get home I will ride my bike. If it's rainy I will go work out at the gym after-wards. Hard work? well  not really, my body likes to exercise.

Again, you are doing great. Start setting small goals for yourself and celebrate your success.
Let me challenge you Ginny, start increasing your 3 day workout to 4 days. The next week up it to 5 days, then the next week 6 days. Take only one day off if you need to do that. Congrats on your running, I hate to run. Swimming is good but really do at least 2 days a week with weight lifting. Start out slow, light weights, you don't have to lift 20 pds., start out with 3 pd. weights and work yourself up to 5 lb. weights.
Good Luck. Now remember you all ready are a success. You are doing great!! Prove your doctor wrong and I just know you will get to be a size 10 in the future!!

Gay L.
on 7/17/09 6:05 am - SC
I like that - "You're not done losing till you say you're done"  Great advice!
Gay L.                   The voice of the sea speaks to my soul

Most Active