Best / Worst Tasting protein shakes?

sunnidayrain
on 8/22/09 10:25 am - TX

I would love to hear everyones opinions on the best and worst tasting protein shakes?

I'm trying to increase my protein and although I LOVE my meat I just cant eat enough yet to get all 80- 100 g that i need in that way yet.

So far I cant say that I love any of them but I can tolerate Champion Banana scream.. and although I do love chocolate.. I didnt care for the champion chocolate.. tasted bitter to me.
I tried a peach shake  and it was pretty nasty.. I tried champion tropical sunrise and it was tolerable.
I tried some of the nectar ones and took one sip and threw them away.. ahhhh. I need help.

It makes it more difficult that since surgery I have more discerning taste and  If its not REALLY good I just cant eat it without vomitting.

What shakes do yall like or dislike?

Ami

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
klceskie
on 8/22/09 10:57 am
I have been using the Atkins one, it's not too bad, especially the strawberry.
oxford
on 8/22/09 11:01 am - montalba, TX
I have found some really good ones that I enjoy.     Whey Gormet has a wonderful one called Radical Raspberry Smoothie.    Isopures Natural Vanilla is good in a lot of stuff and has 50gms of protien.    Also the Matrix Perfect Chocolate is great.   I got mine on www.netrition.com but you can also go to www.bariatriceating.com and find some good stuff.    Hope this helps.   Tina
oxford
on 8/22/09 11:03 am - montalba, TX
Forgot to mention that you can add sugar free syrups to the protien shakes and give them different flavors.    You can also add fruit which makes it nice.  Tina
Bette B.
on 8/22/09 11:22 am
My favorite is always the homemade variety, since I can tailor it the way I want it.

The ones I tolerate in cans are Atkins dark chocolate royale (something like that) and anything in a banana flavor.

Muscle Milk Lite (I've tried vanilla and chocolate) are putrid to me, as are Slimfast. I thought Isopure was pretty gross as well.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

applesannie
on 8/22/09 11:37 am
 i like the atkins chocolate mocha latte and i don't mind the isopure drinks.  i like grape and pineapple/orange/banana.  not too sweet. kinda tastes like cool aid.

i've done a few of the protein shots.  they have 45 grams of protein each.  they don't taste great-kinda tart, but if you need to get your protein in they will work in a pinch.

i've also begun to add unflavored protein powder to my soups and i can't even tell a difference. 
MissMaryMac
on 8/22/09 11:42 am - Maple Grove, MN
This one is really a personal preference.. I have so many jugs of stuff I hate because someone told me they liked it.   Your best bet is ordering some samples... you already know a few you don't like, so don't order those.

Since you asked.. 

Ones I like
Nectar Latte Cappuccino (Vitamin Shoppe)
Nectar Sweet Chocolate Truffle (Vitamin Shoppe)
Body Fortress Chocoalte, Strawberry or  Cookies & Cream (From Walmart)
Zero Carb Isopure Banana/Pineapple/Orange powder (Vitamin Shoppe)
Matrix Vanilla (I rarely use plain vanilla but this one is ok)
True Protein Unflavored (I really can't taste it and it mixed in hot liquid like coffee)
True Protein Orange Creamsicle, Chocolate Coconut, Banana Bash
Dymatize Elite Cafe Mocha
Unjury Chicken Soup
HealthSmart Hot Drink mixes from NashuaNutrition.com
Pro-to-go drinks from Nashuanutrition.com
Oh Yeah RTD's
AMP RTD's from GNC
Click

Ones I dislike:
Nectar - any of the fruity flavors
Any of the Isopure pre-mixed in the glass bottles
Any of the PVM Whey Gourmet stuff
Any of the pre-made bullets
Inspire
Unjury (except chicken soup) 

Can you tell I order a lot of samples? LOL

** I am a Susan G Komen 3-Day Walker --- WLS allowed me to make it all 60 miles in 2010 and 2011 and I'm doing it again in 2012!!  
sully1971
on 8/22/09 12:13 pm
My personal favorite is WheyUp (www.wheyup.com) = particularly like the grape flavor.  They're a start-up company, so not too well known.  I drank it every day I went to the gym pre-op, but my surgeon is balking at me continuing to drink it, as he doesn't like the calorie count.  IMO, it's less than the standard protein shake, so I'll need to talk to him about it again.  Check with your surgeon first before trying anything new that isn't already approved.

Here are the details for WheyUp:
16 oz - 90 calories - 20g protein - 135mg Sodium - 1g carb - 160% RDA of Vitamin B12 and 500% RDA of Vitamin B6

Good luck!
  LapBand surgery - August 18, 2009   

lanasmcknight
on 8/22/09 12:27 pm
My favorite is Premier brand available at Costco with 30g of protein.  I love these and have 2 of them a day.  The flavor is chocolate.  WOrldwide brand available at trader joes is also good.

beachlady29k
on 8/22/09 12:30 pm - PA
I HAVE FOUNDTHAT UNJURY IS THE BEST TASTING PROTEIN POWDER.  I HAVENT TRIED THE SOUP BUT I THOROUGHLY ENJOY THE TASTE OF THE STRAWBERRY SORBET, CHOCOLATE, AND VANILLA ...THE UNFLAVOED DOESN'T LEAVE AN KIND OF CHALKY TASTE.  YOU CAN ONLY BUY IT ON THEIR WEBSITE...UNJURY.COM

Kathie

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1351 views