Air in the bladder.

ram1955
on 9/26/09 6:12 am - valparaiso, IN
Although I'm 53 yo I have never had a cathater put in my bladder until 9/21/09 when I had my WLS done. Shortly after the surgery and definitely after they removed the cathater I experienced the freakiest thing I've ever felt . I was urinating and all of a sudden I  felt and HEARD, lol, air bubbles in my urine stream. I'm assuming this occurs because of air in the bladder left there by the insertion/ removal of the cathater. This is the 5th day after surgery and it is still happening. Has anyone experienced this before ? I would appreciate all replies. Thanks
Love2nicks
on 9/26/09 6:19 am, edited 9/26/09 6:23 am
I'm not sure about what that is?  I work in healthcare and I've never had a patient complain about that.  I'm sure there's an explination but I don't know what it is LOL.    I'm thinking if there were air in there it would come out on your first void or two.  Maybe it has something to do with all the gas from the surgery and it could be coming from another place and it feels like it is your urine?  Weird. lol
]        
nashvillemama58
on 9/26/09 7:30 am
On September 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM Pacific Time, ram1955 wrote:
Although I'm 53 yo I have never had a cathater put in my bladder until 9/21/09 when I had my WLS done. Shortly after the surgery and definitely after they removed the cathater I experienced the freakiest thing I've ever felt . I was urinating and all of a sudden I  felt and HEARD, lol, air bubbles in my urine stream. I'm assuming this occurs because of air in the bladder left there by the insertion/ removal of the cathater. This is the 5th day after surgery and it is still happening. Has anyone experienced this before ? I would appreciate all replies. Thanks
 Is the voided urine *foamy* in the toilet? This can be an indication of protein in the urine...not a good thing. If your urine is foamy, you might want to get it checked.
debbie13
on 9/26/09 10:25 am - Cossayuna, NY
The catheter would not have put air in the bladder. The balloon that is on the end (that holds it in place) is filled with sterile saline, not air. If you are absolutely sure that there is air coming out of your bladder when you urinate, you need to call a doctor. Air does not belong in the bladder and your urinary system should not be producing anything that would be considered air or gas.

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

ram1955
on 9/26/09 11:24 am - valparaiso, IN
Thanks Debbie I think I will do just that as I'm actually starting to get a little concerned
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/09 10:50 am - AZ
On September 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM Pacific Time, ram1955 wrote:

The only thing that comes to mind is that if you have an infection in your bladder the bacteria can cause a gas to form.  Are you having any pain or burning with urination?

ram1955
on 9/26/09 11:19 am - valparaiso, IN
No MidwesternGirl, no pain or burn, it actually feels good in a way, but I'm far from being a "normal" individual. Thanks for your input
mullet1
on 4/11/15 4:58 am

Ok now im freaked out a little. I was searching air bubbles in bladder and i see this post. But then your reply as to it felling good in a way shoked me because i too seem to be feeling the exact things you are. Has your doctor said its anything?

ram1955
on 9/26/09 11:26 am - valparaiso, IN
Thanks to all of you for your input. Much appreciated. I'll be calling the doc tomorrow.
Love2nicks
on 10/18/09 12:30 am
any updates?
Most Active