Most Active

Best Unflavored Whey Protein at stores.....

sreed1966
on 1/1/10 5:42 pm - Livonia, MI
Revision on 12/29/09 with
Just wanted to know where I can buy unflavored whey protein powder. Seems like they all have flavors. And would like to know which brand do you like the best? I heard some people have found it at Walmart, Sam's or Costco....Thanks much!

Lapband 2003 - Lost 85 lbs...
Revision to VSG 12/09

NYC2009
on 1/1/10 6:12 pm - Manhattan
Hello,

My hospital highly recommened www.unjury.com.
They have an unflavored whey protein powder for you.  They are very nice and the representatives who you speak to are nutritionist, so they can help you with any questions.

I was impressed with how quick they ship as well!

Donna

Wishful Thinking in NYC

chriswilliams
on 1/1/10 6:17 pm - Oskaloosa, IA
I also use unjury.  Have found the unflavored in great in Chocolate milk sweetened with Splenda.
Phyllis M.
on 1/1/10 6:17 pm - Irving, TX
GNC also has one that is unflavored too.   As a matter of fact - I really like their whey protein..the chocolate carmel is pretty dern good.....................they have smaller portions too.....if you don't like it - save the receipt and you can take it back too !! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

mlevan
on 1/1/10 7:19 pm - GA
VSG on 11/18/09 with
For unflavored the only one that I found to be "unflavored" is Unjury.  It works very well in warm beverages. The order arrives in about 2 days.  I mix it in 6 oz hot chocolate (once it has cooled below 130) and I get a quick 20 g of protein!!  I mix it in fruit shakes for breakfast. This morning I had banana, strawberry, and peach protein shake using unflavored protein.  I buy flavored protein from Wal-mart, (best price) and GNC.  Wal-mart sells Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, but one scoop is double the protein of GNC products so this container lasts twice as long and is cheaper than GNC. The body can only absorb around 30 g of protein at a time so I don't know why their scoop is for 52 g.  GNC has some great flavors that mix well in hot chocolate and shakes.  I like their cookies n cream or chocolate carmel with a banana and tsp of peanut butter as a breakfast shake. GNC's policy is that if you don't like the flavor you have a week to return it. And the first week of every month is 20% off if you signed up to receive the mailers.
Cadmak2002                                        
suzq27
on 1/1/10 7:28 pm - CA
 I've been on the quest for a truly unflavored protein also.  Just today I bought "Biochem Sports 100% Whey Protein - Natural Flavor" at Whole Foods market for 12.3oz/$13.  It's whey isolate like we are supposed to use and 20g protein per scoop, fat free, gluten free, lactose free.  It smells a bit like powdered milk, but I took a chance and mixed a quarter scoop into my (already warm) 1/3c of mashed potatoes.  It mixed in well and I couldn't taste it a bit plus it bumped my 'taters up another 5g of protein.  I found a winner, at least for me.  It will be great in a fruit shake or cold drink when the weather heats up.  I can't tolerate brands such as Nectar.  According to the can, it comes in 4 other flavors, chocolate fudge, vanilla, caramel swirl and peaches & cream.  It looks like it can be found in many online shops if you don't have Whole Foods near you.

stixx456
on 1/1/10 8:45 pm - North Canton, OH
RNY on 10/20/09 with
I use the GNC unflavored.

Valerie G.
on 1/2/10 9:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
From my experience, unflavored whey doesn't exist.  I could taste it in everything I tried.

Valerie
 9 years post op DS 
There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..next to the mashed potatoes

Shannon_J
on 1/7/10 9:45 am
I'm sure you can find it at those places, but consider checking online for better deals.  I get an unflavored protein powder from http://bulkfoodsdirect.com.  It's a great product at a decent price.  I recommend it.
Mindy S.
on 1/28/10 7:51 pm, edited 1/28/10 7:58 pm
I have been to many stores.....Walmart , Kmart, Meijers, CVS, GNC, and even some local health food/ organic stores and have not found any " unflavored whey protein powder".   I found a Instantly Dissolving Protein Supplement it's a whey protein powder called Pro Cel. I love it because it has no taste and it doesn't change the original flavor of what you add it to. I orginally found it at Wal Greens but it can be found online or you can get it from the manufacture like I do now at a lower cost. 
www.globalhp.com  I add it when making orange, mango, banana smoothies (like starbucks) they taste great!  

catasteams
on 10/26/10 4:56 am - Big Lake, MN
I really like the unflavored protein powder from Bariatric Eating

http://shop.bariatriceating.com/Protein-Powders_c_1.html 

The Dutch Chocolate Cake flavor is the best chocolate flavor I have every tried. 

Haven't found any in stores.

Carol