G-tube smell?

Dansbabe
on 1/10/10 10:06 am
RNY on 12/18/09 with
Sorry if this seems gross, but, I have a smell that originates from my g-tube (I'm 3 weeks post-op btw)..it's not the smell of an infection (I know what that smells like, nursing student and 10+ years experience working in a hospital with post surgical patients), it's more of a, well, intestinal smell if that makes any sense.
Anyway, has anyone experienced this? Just wondering if there is a way to mask it. I get the tube out in two weeks, just saw the doc earlier this week and he said it looked fine, so, I need the advice of someone who had to deal with this horrible tube.
Thanks!!!
candancee1
on 1/10/10 10:13 am
Yes. It smells. Yes. I do know the smell you're talking about--it's weird and makes you feel disgusting (at least I did). No. There  wasn't anything I could do about it.

My husband said he couldn't smell anything, but he could have just been being a nice husband. The thing is I've always had a heightened sense of smell, and it only got worse after surgery. The only way the smell went away for me was when I got it taken out.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but eventually you'll get it out and you won't have to deal with it anymore. Good luck.

Candance

Dansbabe
on 1/10/10 10:49 am
RNY on 12/18/09 with
Thanks Candance!! That's what I was afraid of! Oh well, I'll just deal with it for now, and be glad to be rid of it in a few weeks :)
blessmysunnysoul
on 1/10/10 1:38 pm - rio dell, CA
I was just cruisin this post and saw your picture....Girl you are a stunner!!! Even my husband says so lol!!

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

candancee1
on 1/10/10 2:13 pm
Awww... Thank you so much. That's really sweet of you. Thank your husband for me, too. (cheesing). I see from your picture that you're a prettty lady too! Lol

Candance

Most Active