McD's Frappe-bad

Rachel P.
on 1/30/10 12:19 am
Word of warning, I tried a sip or 2 of a small McDonald's Mocha Frappe-pretty tasty but I could just tell it was not going to work well & probably loaded with bad stuff, so I looked it up online-HOLY CRAP! 52 g of sugar!! so here I am at work & there it is in the fridge-where it will stay till I can pawn it off on someone-my co-workers get my leftovers and whatever doesn't work for me! Just wanted to let you all know, I figured it might be a bit high in sugar but holy cow!
mkbeany
on 1/30/10 12:45 am
I stay away from McD. Nothing good ever comes of it!

Glad it didn't make you sick.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Fred_Flintstone
on 1/30/10 1:05 am - Bedrock
Black Coffee only for me at this joint...

If you really need a pick-me-upper, go in and watch fat people eat while your sipping your coffee.

SkInNyMiN
on 1/30/10 1:08 am - NE
Stick to coffee shops where they have the Sugar Free Syrups. It takes you a few more minute to go in and get your coffee but it is well worth it!
lizzybear
on 1/30/10 1:55 am - Olympia, WA
Oh yeah - I took a sip of my hubby's McD Frappe and could tell right away it was super sweet and couldn't be good for you. 

After hitting way too many places that don't have a good variety of sugar-free syrups, I bought an espresso machine and burr grinder and now we make our own coffees.  Hubby's supposed to watch his sugar so he's good with this, too.  Especially since he started in on the 32-oz. iced coffees for $6.50 a day!!  Now we can make our own lattes at home and we are spending way less on the cost of the coffee beans & milk each month and the syrups, cups, lids & straws every other month than we were spending for one WEEK at the coffee stands!!  We get our supplies at our local Cash & Carry - syrup's half the price of Davinci's & Torani's online!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Jennifer H.
on 1/30/10 2:14 am - stockton, CA
black coffee with splenda for me or they have sugar free vanilla la ta on ice.......I do when no Starbucks around!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Rachel P.
on 1/30/10 2:44 am
Thanks peeps! I normally only drink coffee at work to warm up and then not much because I get a caffeine buzz pretty quick and  I only use Splenda then switch to my protein drink. I just had to try the Frappe-even if it meant throwing away $3! so far sugar doesn't bother me but I haven't pushed my luck either, well except those 2 swigs! deathly afraid of vomiting, haven't yet & don't wanna start!
lbsadropping
on 1/30/10 4:49 am - Crofton, MD
I went to Mickey D's for cafe and a breakfast sausage wrap.  Big mistake turning the car into the fat shack.  Just slipped and not again.  These fat  shacks dont offer WLS'ers much unless you like gaining-to much temptation
luvbskts
on 1/30/10 5:42 am
So bad yet so good
LindaScrip
on 1/31/10 6:26 am
McD's has sf vanilla iced coffee I get it large with 2 equals and I do in once in awhile because I actually got hooked on it.  And also ask that its de-caf coffee not regular.
Most Active