Infection under "tummy apron"

Patiurple
on 2/9/10 10:40 am - Wheatland, OK
I had that problem and it turned in to mrsa. I used the powder which eventually made the infection worse...'
WHAT I did was at night take a bath dry the area well then placed a dish towel under the apron. And finally after my another round of Mrsa I had it removed funny part my tt was one yr to my rny and I was not at goal

being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
babagrlshell
on 2/9/10 10:42 am - Columbus, GA
 I agree with all the above posters- but I have one thing to add. After I shower, and dry the area. I wipe plain old rubbing alcohol on the area to kill any lasting bacteria or yeast. Now, it's not comfortable at all, and burns quite a bit, but it's just one more step of disinfectant and protection. 
pat-will
on 2/9/10 10:56 am
Other than my prescription stuff I have always used Pinxsav (pronounced pink salve)  it sometimes clears up over night, got to be clean and  dry to start, I have used it under my breast also..works for me, but did not for my mother-in law do not know why...but like they say get pictures for later ps if you are going for that...
Blue_Rattie
on 2/9/10 11:33 am
I have one right now, actually =( After I got out of the shower, it was SOOOOO red. Think I'll call my pcp or gyno tomorrow. Maybe I can get in for an rx.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Jacqueline F.
on 2/9/10 12:27 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Don't forget to have them document with color photos, I know it is embarassing, but the insurance will probably require them as well as the doctor visits to cover the surgery.  Good luck!

crazigrannynette
on 2/9/10 1:40 pm - Mcalester, OK
I take pictures of my redness, my camera has the date on it...and my doctor gives me diflucan to take to clear it up...I take 2 pills the first day then 1 for 3 days...it clears up fast...but if you get the script call around, my insurance will only pay for 2 at a time...walmart has one pill for 4.oo but I pay cash for my 12 pills I get at a time...it runs me about 36.00 a script of 12 at walmart...but call around it's amazing the difference in prices of scripts (now I do get the generic)

Caraluna
on 2/9/10 2:45 pm

NO to cornstarch.....the starch feeds the yeast.

What works for me is cheap and easy....good ol' Gold Bond powder.  Usually clears it up in a day or two....and has a cooling action that really  helps.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1246 views