Anyone have an Ikea bed? Are they big girl friendly?

Kaitlin N.
on 2/28/10 5:38 am - Dallas, TX
I've had the Hemnes twin with the cheap slats for 3.5 years now. For 2.5 of those years, I was 280. The only problem I've had is the frame got loose about a year ago. I tightened it and all's well again.
--Kaitlin                       Start - 285 / Surgery - 267 / Current - 177 / Goal - 170
photo
melslongjourney
on 2/28/10 10:38 pm
I forgot to mention in my reply post above my bed from IKEA is a steel frame with a black steel headboard and foot board. I think a wooden bed made of particle board might not be as sturdy.
Lynn C
on 3/1/10 1:25 am
My kids (late teens one average size the other a little chubby) both had the LYCKSELE fold away beds - the metal frames held up like champs - the wooden slats, plastic holders and mattresses fell apart within 2 years.  I guess for $200 bucks I can't complain?

Good luck!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

TheSunshineGirl
on 3/1/10 3:06 am - Southwest, FL
My Ikea bed was the best bed I ever had!  We went with an all pine frame.  We bought an Ikea bed because it has wooden support slats instead of a box spring.  (Older house, box spring would not go up the stairs.)  Just put a good mattress on top and you are set.  We were both heavy-the bed easily supported 600 lbs and we "got busy" often.  It also was the best nights rest I ever got.  I would suggest a solid wood frame or metal. 
Chewiemom
on 5/13/18 3:23 pm

Sarah- I am looking at IKEA beds now and was wondering if you ended up getting one? How did it work out with the slats if you did? I'm a little nervous.

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/18 9:34 am

I found this article super helpful when I was looking for a bed. Specifically from IKEA. I personally weigh around 325 and the first one they mention the Zinus Ironline's low profile really was helpful because I did not have to climb into bed due to its low profile. Hope this helps!

https://sleepcompare.com/casper-review/bed-frames/

Best

Todd

Sarahlicious
on 3/1/10 3:23 am - Portsmouth, OH
Thanks, I started looking around other places and it's just too much, I could just invest a bit more w/ Ikea. Do you remember the name of yours? Also see you're just accross Alligator Alley from me...but your surgeon is in Miami...right?

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active