Most Active

Sharon Osborne

newme009
on 3/15/10 4:49 pm
 Anyone know when Sharon Osborne had gastric bypass surgery? She should be really far out 
M M
on 3/15/10 4:55 pm
She had a band in 2000-2001? and I think had it removed.  I am looking now.
newme009
on 3/15/10 4:59 pm
 yeah I read that it was making her throw up all the time so she had it removed.
Jackie McGee
on 3/15/10 4:59 pm - PA
Yep, she had it removed recently - in the past two or three years, I think.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

M M
on 3/15/10 5:00 pm

In 1999 Osbourne lost 100 pounds (45 kg) after lap-band surgery (Adjustable Gastric Band).[57] Osbourne commented that being large was an essential part of her persona when she worked for her father and that being larger made a more dramatic entrance.[57] On 26 October 2006, she went on the Howard Stern Show and revealed that she gained 15 pounds in the last year, and that she will be having her plastic band removed.

In July 2002 Osbourne was diagnosed with colon cancer.[66] Later, she announced her cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and was more serious than originally thought.[67] She survived the disease against a 33% survival prognosis. Despite battling cancer, she insisted that the MTV cameras document her illness during the filming of the second season of The Osbournes. When Osbourne's hair fell out during her subsequent treatment, her wigs were custom made by Cher's wigmaker.[57] Ozzy Osbourne admitted that he "fell apart" during her treatment and recovery,[68] and it was revealed that her son, Jack Osbourne, tried to commit suicide because of his depression stemming from his mother's condition.[69]

In August 2004, she founded the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program at Cedars Sinai Hospital. In addition, she was the honoured guest at the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation's 2003 Fall Gala,[70] where she spoke of her struggle against cancer. Osbourne has lent her support to design limited edition T-shirts or vests for the 'Little Tee Campaign' for Breast Cancer Care which donates money for breast cancer research.[70] In December 2004, Osbourne made a public announcement, stating that she was still battling bulimia.[10]

She has freely admitted to having extensive cosmetic surgery. As well as documenting this in her autobiography, she appeared on Dr. Phil and commented on everything that had been surgically changed on her body in order to improve her appearance. She stated that she had had a full rhytidectomyabdominoplastymastopexy, as well as many other procedures, but commented that she would not have any surgery performed on her eyes or lips.[71] She has admitted to spending £300,000 on plastic surgery.[72]

newme009
on 3/15/10 5:05 pm
 hummmm I remember watching her talk show and she said she had gastric bypass and then recently i heard she got the band on top of it. I will search some more
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/10 5:24 pm
DS on 10/19/09 with
I think she has used the term "gastric bypass" to refer to her band (maybe because it was back when the band was less well-known). 

I remember reading this article when she decided to have her band removed back in '06 (because I was heavily considering surgery at that time):

NEW YORK - Sharon Osbourne says she plans to remove a gastric band that helped her lose 125 pounds and instead rely on psychotherapy to cope with her weight issues.

“I have to figure out why I do what I do to myself,” the 54-year-old wife/manager of rocker Ozzy Osbourne says in an interview in People magazine’s Oct. 30 issue. “I think I have some sort of self-destruction button.”

Osbourne, who has written a memoir, “Sharon Osbourne Extreme,” had surgery for the gastric band in 1999 and plans to shed it in December (when she returns to the U.S. from Britain), she says. She packed on 15 pounds this year “from overeating,” she says, even though the band limits what she can digest.

“I keep trying to eat more and more ... I’m a pig,” says Osbourne, who has indulged in “chocolate, French fries and junk food” instead of sticking to the nutritious diet required of gastric-band patients.

What happens when she eats too much? “You throw up...then you eat more,” she says.

Osbourne, who starred with her bizarre-yet-loving clan in MTV’s “The Osbournes,” is being cheered on by her three children: Aimee, 23, Kelly, 21, and Jack, 20.

“My kids, their whole life, have seen me struggle with weight,” she says. “They say, ‘Now you need to spend time on your head.”’

peachfromga
on 3/15/10 4:59 pm - Harvest, AL
I think she had the lap band surgery in 1999 and she had it removed in 2007.  I remember seeing her on the Dr. Phil show talking about having it removed.  She lost 100 pounds with the lap band.

newme009
on 3/15/10 5:36 pm
 I found this but i will keep looking

Years ago, Osbourne underwent gastric bypass surgery and lost over half of her body weight. Like many who have the procedure, she found that her body did not reshape itself naturally and that she was left with sagging extra skin. She had procedures to remove this excess skin and to lift her legs, buttocks, arms, and neck. Osbourne has repeatedly admitted total happiness with the procedures and that she still considers the work she had done to be among the best decisions she has ever made.