White Blood Cell Count Elevated:(

dolphinlover32
on 4/7/10 10:35 am - Denmark, NY
RNY on 04/19/10 with
Well the nurse from my surgerons office called me today to tell me the bloodwork I had done at my pre admission testing yesterday showed my white blood cell count was elevated:( She said it was 11.5 last months bloodwork too so not sure what this means I know I don't have a cold I have been researching online to found out possible causes and there's numerous things it can be and one of them being stress I am just hoping that's it and not something else it just seems like its always something as my surgery day is 12 days away:( Not sure what to do anymore I am losing my faith in this all together very depressing and discouraging
Kimmeroo
on 4/7/10 11:37 am
RNY on 09/14/10 with
Awwww....that stinks! I hope they figure out what it is and get it taken care of so you can go ahead and start your new life!

About the support meeting..I still haven't heard anything..maybe I will call someone to find out where it will be. This will be my last one until Fall as I own a seasonal business and work 7 days a week.

Hope to meet you sometime!:) Take care!

Kim

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

dolphinlover32
on 4/7/10 11:51 am - Denmark, NY
RNY on 04/19/10 with

Oh I know me too I go to my PCP friday and I will ask questions then!

I hope to meet you sometime too! I am not sure if I can make it tomorrow night or not but I am hoping too we'll see how tomorrow goes...I am looking forward to going sometime though!! What does it cost or is it free??

Kimmeroo
on 4/8/10 10:02 am
RNY on 09/14/10 with
I hope it wasn't tonight cause I didn't hear a thing about where to go! I am pretty sure it is the second Thursday of each month...keep me informed about your appointment..ok?

Kim

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

rbb825
on 4/7/10 11:41 am - Suffern, NY
It usually means sometype of infection.  What did the nurse say?

dolphinlover32
on 4/7/10 11:48 am - Denmark, NY
RNY on 04/19/10 with
That's just it she didn't tell me anything she just asked if I was sick or had a cold and was feeling all right and if my count usually runs high and then looked at my bloodwork from last month and said it was 11.5 last month and just said it was elevated when they took the blood yesterday but didn't say what it is I am going to my PCP on Friday for my pre op clearance and and EKG so I will ask her about it...
hollykim
on 4/7/10 12:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
it is likely not anything to stop your surgery. You can get an elevated white count from a bad hangnail.

Hope it all turns out ok,
Holly

dolphinlover32
on 4/7/10 12:03 pm - Denmark, NY
RNY on 04/19/10 with
Thanks Holly I hope it doesn't:)
Mia W.
on 4/7/10 10:39 pm - Miami, FL
My WBC was 15 the day of my surgery. They weren't too concerned bc they give you antibiotics before and after surgery. However, after surgery my WBC shot up to 27 and then 6 hours later up to 29. I completely freaked out my surgeon and had about 6 different doctors stop by my hospital room trying to figure out what the heck was happening.
After about a dozen tests, they determined the increase was my body reacting to the stress of surgery. The count was back down to 21 when they discharged me. Given my experience, I don't think your WBC should stop your surgery. It's really not that high.
SW: 261.4 CW: 183.5 GW: 148
RNY March 11th
Completely HOOKED on exercise!
1 hour High Intensity (insane) Fight Club - M, T, W, Th, F

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1465 views