Mirolax or Walgreens brand (smoothlax) how often do you take it?

Deb Breneman
on 4/16/10 5:31 am - Newburgh, IN
I picked up some of the Walgreens brand Smoothlax that has the same active ingredient with the same concentration as Miralax.  Just wondering for those of you who take it how often you do.  It says not to take more than 7 days.  I know that is for people with "normal" insides.  Just wondering.
Btw, I'm not having a problem with frequency of bm's, just discomfort.

Thanks.

Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

emjayel56
on 4/16/10 5:36 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

Initially after my surgery i took miralax every single day for about a month, then i started to skip a day and gradually took less and less.  It has been several months now since i had to use it.  I am told that miralax is safe to take every day for as long as you need it as it is not a laxative.  good luck

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Deb Breneman
on 4/16/10 5:45 am - Newburgh, IN
 Thanks so much!
Deb Breneman
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Terry B.
on 4/16/10 6:05 am - Martinsville, IN

I added 1 Tablespoon to my protein shake daily for a few weeks until I was able to eat more solid foods.  I did not take a full dosage unless I was having problems.  I just wanted to stay regular.

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

cheryl B.
on 4/16/10 7:58 am - Oxford, MI
I use the walmart brand.  I use it about 3 times a week.  I do not have discomfort, I just don't go otherwise. 

vitalady
on 4/16/10 8:45 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Every evening around 6pm

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

marylaw
on 4/16/10 11:09 am - Winfield, KS
Hi.
I take Miralax or Smoothlax daily. My doctor says it's absolutely safe to take every day. It's important not to get constipated. I usually have a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate, with added protein powder, and a cap of Miralax. You can't taste the Miralax, so it's all good. :)
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Deb Breneman
on 4/16/10 11:38 am - Newburgh, IN
 That sounds great.  I'll give it a try tonight.  Thanks.
Deb Breneman

Deedles
on 4/16/10 3:10 pm - Highlands, TX
I use Miralax every morning in my hot protein chai tea. I tried switching to every other day and after just 3-4 days noticed it was harder to go than normal. I've decided the Dr says it's safe for daily use so since nothing is broke I'll quit trying to fix it!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery