How much can you eat after RNY

Keldriv
on 4/30/10 8:57 am - Fair Play, SC
I had surgery on monday. I am not feeling hungry at all. I am makeing myself eat. Right now all I am consuming is about half a thing or yogert (i am having soups but around the same amount). HOw much did you eat. How big is the pouch.I dont want to overeat but I want to get my nurishment.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
AlwaysSmiling
on 4/30/10 9:04 am - Glen Burnie, MD
I am post op from 4/19 and my NUT told me to measure everything right now, til my check up. SO I eat 1/4 cup at a time of everything. If it is soup with alot of broth, I try to not really do the broth casue it takes up precious room in there. Hope that helps.
Renee

One step closer to happiness!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w005BdW/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w005BdW/weight.png">>

Nosferatuia
on 4/30/10 9:06 am
 I ate 2oz (a medicine cup full) at your stage and I had to take 15mins or so to eat it.
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 9:12 am
well, when i was at your stage i was still at full liquids. i couldnt even have yogurt. .. i remember i sipped everything and couldnt get much in at a time. in fact, i had to go back to the hospital cause i got dehydrated.... it was a rough first few weeks for me. NOW, that im about 3 months post op, i can get in about 3/4 cup of food.. or a half of a turkey/cheese sandwitch.
tinamarie_125
on 4/30/10 10:09 am
You won't really be hungry in the beginning. You might get head hunger...I did get tha****ching tv and wanting that feeling of *ahhh* eating something yummy. But not true hunger.
I could only have a medicine cup full of protien shake at your stage and the 2 weeks after surgery.
Now, I am 8 months out and can eat 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food at a time. Sometimes depending on the food (soups, salad mostly) I can eat more. It seems to slide down. But you need to be cautious with these things. They can be empty calories with little protien.

RNY 8/17/09, Starting weight 236 right before surgery, lowest weight after surgery was 126. Currently afraid of the scale....

Shawn K.
on 4/30/10 10:24 am - The Colony, TX
My NUT gave me a hand out that said, first two weeks of liquids 2-3 oz of liquids.  Then when I move to soft foods, 3-4 oz of food which is weeks 3-6, after that no size requirement, but making sure I get my protien, and not eat empty calories.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

siberiancat
on 4/30/10 10:25 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Here is a summary of my plan:

4 weeks following surgery – Full Liquids – 2 oz each meal

Weeks 5-8 following surgery – Puree Foods – 1oz protein, 1oz veg or fruit or complex     starch per meal

Weeks 9-15: 2oz protein plus 1 oz fruit or veg or complex starch per meal

Month 4-6: 2 oz protein plus 2 oz fruit or veg or complex starch per meal

Month 7-9: 3 oz protein plus 2 oz  fruit or veg or complex starch per meal

Month 9-12: 4 oz protein plus 2 oz veg or fruit or complex starch per meal       

Month 12-18: 4 oz protein plus 3 oz fruit or veg or complex starch per meal

Month 18 and Beyond: 4 oz protein plus 4 oz fruit or veg or complex starch

Snacks: Fruit and vegetables as tolerated

FOODS TO AVOID TO MAXIMIZE WEIGHTLOSS

• Peanut Butter
  • Nuts
  • Bacon
  • Sausage
  • Hot Dogs
  • Bratwurst
  • Bologna in any form
  • Braunschweiger
  • Salami
  • Potted meat
  • Spam
  • Vienna Sausage
  • Beef Jerky
  • Breaded and fried foods
  • Fast Food
  • Pork Rinds
  • Potato chips in any form
  • Movie popcorn
  • Snack Crackers
  • Regular Pop
  • Alcohol
  • Starbucks
  • Candy including sugar-free
  • Desserts including sugar-free
  • Ice cream in any form
  • Alfredo sauce
  • Cheese sauce
  • Gravy

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Ann Brighton
on 4/30/10 12:10 pm, edited 4/30/10 12:11 pm - IN
Wow you are the first person that I've seen that had the exact same food plan as mine -- it's kindof nice to see

Oh I see y you had ur surgery in Carmel as well.  Goofy me!

siberiancat
on 5/1/10 3:20 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
After reading posts on OH RNY board for over I year, I think we were fortunate in our pre op teaching and availability of dieticians post op.  So many others seem to have no idea what to do, how much to eat, etc.

I go to the 3 ring binder often - even at one year post op.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Donna B.
on 4/30/10 12:30 pm - Round Lake, IL
RNY on 05/11/10 with
Penny  -

I like you plan similar to what I put together..  I am going for Protein Protein Protein.
Liquids Is what I was told and also what the NUT gave me in paperwork and the Itiots book I have.
I need to heal so I dont get out of breath  So I will sip sip sip and walk walk walk...

SayNo2Me  (Donna B)
SW - 257.5 - / CW - 152.0 - / Surgeon's GW - 160                                                                  
Most Active