What to wear to an Elton John concert?? (new pics)

hercules411
on 5/1/10 1:31 am, edited 5/1/10 1:46 am
My wife and I are going to an Elton John concert tonight. I don't know what to wear. I was thinking of maybe blue jeans, a nice tee shirt, and my navy blue blazer.  But I'm open to suggestions.

By the way.. Here are the latest pics of me. My wife took them on our sunset bike ride last night.

Without my surgery, I wouldn't even think of going to a concert, much less ride a bicycle because a 500 pound man with a 72 inch waist wouldn't fit into a theater seat or fit on a bicycle either.
This is such a great feeling!

Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

MARIA F.
on 5/1/10 1:43 am - Athens, GA
Look how skinny u are now! Congrats! N so glad u are getting to do things u wouldn't have otherwise.

FB Failed Band Group

FormerlyFluffy.com

sdwd123
on 5/1/10 2:23 am
To look at you now, NOONE would ever guess you were ever over weight! You look very fit! Congratulations!!
I had my RNY on 3/17/10.  HW 372/SW 358/GW 199         
sunni1974
on 5/1/10 3:36 am
Looking great! Love that you are bike riding and going to concerts, living! I say go for the jeans and t-shirt with the blazer that way you can un-layer if you need to. Have fun!

326 start weight 280 day of surgery        
cushingsa
on 5/1/10 3:46 am - Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
 Wow - look at you!!  I'd say you can wear any darn thing you want............lol.  I'm looking forward to having all those clothing options open up for me too.  My lap band surgery is in two weeks.

Enjoy the concert - I'm sure whatever you decide to wear you will look terrific in.  Congrats on getting the Elton John tickets.  Here in Canada they are like gold when he comes here..........lol

Have fun - and keep on doing what you are doing.

Sharon

"He is able who thinks he is able." 
Buddha

VSG on 07/14/09 with
Herc
You look HOT!  I think your planned outfit is great.  I saw Elton John & Billy Joel in concert and we did jeans and t-shirts.  The blazer will take it up a notch.  Have fun at the concert - he puts on a great show.

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

Cruisin_Chick
on 5/1/10 4:11 am
Love the new pics...you look amazing!!

Enjoy the Elton John concert...you can pull off wearing whatever you want because you are skinny now.
gloop
on 5/1/10 4:36 am
LOL, you got options now, you can wear just about anything and still look good.  you are not limited to wearing just what fits anymore...great job

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
debyo84
on 5/1/10 4:37 am - San Angelo, TX
RNY on 08/03/09 with
Holy smokes, you look great!!  I love your bking jersey too! I'm a new road biker myself.  It is such great exercise.  

I think jeans and a nice shirt are quite appropriate for the concert tonight. Have a great time and enjoy!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Hugs,Debbie--
OH Support Group Leader

tinkerbell025
on 5/1/10 6:26 am - Fargo, ND
WOW Herc!! Your looking so amazing, way to work that tool.

My suggestion would be to wear clothes! Whatever you feel comfy in. There will be so many people there, no one will notice what anyone is wearing. Be comfy and enjoy. Maybe some bling type glasses? lots of jewels? LOL Ok, I will stop now. ENJOY
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Jackie McGee
on 5/1/10 7:06 am - PA
Well, you don't want to outshine Queen (I mean Sir) Elton John, so I wouldn't wear anything flashy or sparkly!

Jeans and a t-shirt without the blazer gets my vote.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Funin AZsun
on 5/1/10 7:31 am - AZ
You ROCK!!!!  And you will rock anything you wear to the conert!!  I do like the jeans, t-shirt, blazer look though!!!!!!!!!!!  Take pics!!!!!!
Holly
Goal weight reached 12/7/09 ~ 155lbs 5'8"
267 / 155 / 145
SW / GW / CW

"Cat hair is considered a condiment in this house"

spedcon
on 5/1/10 9:25 am
RNY on 05/05/09 with
Wow Hercules!!
I love your new pictures! You look absolutely great!! I vote for the t-shirt, jeans and blazer too so you can peel out if it gets too hot and you will still look hot as well lol!! I hope you and your wife have a great time! I've been looking at bikes lately, you seem to have so much fun with yours!       Connie
pat-will
on 5/1/10 11:53 am
I think you have done an amazing job here.  I admire your discipline with all that you do. wish I was more that way,  I am happy with my results of 140 # loss   I would like to know how your wife and kids feel.  they have got to be so proud of you. have fun at the concert
Hey Jules
on 5/1/10 12:27 pm
Looking good, Hercules! Just gotta tell ya, I found your doppelganger!

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

hercules411
on 5/1/10 12:45 pm
I wish I looked as good as him.
Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

vervetoloose
on 5/1/10 1:17 pm
Herc you're darn cute ddon't under estimate yourself.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

vervetoloose
on 5/1/10 1:20 pm
Oh forgot to add, hope you both really enjoy the concert. I am sure it will be fun! Elton has aged as have we all, but he still sounds GREAT!

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

MyLady Heidi
on 5/1/10 2:29 pm
I hope you enjoy the concert, I would wear whatever you find comfortable.  I went to see Elton John last year at Mohegan Sun, here in Connecticut, I was so looking forward to it but I thought it was a truly awful show.  It felt like he was just going through the motions to me.  I went to see Hank Williams Jr at another show and it was incredible and believe me I am no fan of country music but he was a true showman and so incredibly talented.  We had a blast.

Enjoy
Hugs Heidi