The Great Sugar-Free Popsicle Binge: How It Began, How It Ended

blessed7
on 6/8/10 12:56 am
Amen sister.   I had the same problem on saturday with the popcicles.   And three years ago with Russell Stover chocolates.   This is really when I learned about the side effects of what I thought would be a good thing.  Sugar free is ok; however, still, you must eat in moderation.   Do not be fooled by sugar free.  If you overeat sugar free products you get diarreah.   This dehydrates and really does not help any situation.   Don't be fooled or even think this is a way out.   Prayer and supplication, will power and support of great and postive friends.   Be blessed.
candys
on 6/8/10 1:30 am
 NSA Fudgesicles are evil!! I did the same thing!! It started with the mixed box and yeah, they seemed to have limited the number of fudgesicles in the 2nd and 3rd boxes that I bought too! So, I simply had to buy the box of fudgesicles!! lol! No more... Just plain old sugar free popsicles for me. 
there but for the grace of God go I...

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/10 2:17 am

The NSA fudgesicles are evil. 

Once I bought them- I ate them.  The stats were not bad. They had some proteins, sugar from milk, and fiber.   So instead of dinner- I ate fudgesicles.  I was maintaining - so - no harm done, right?  And the SA in them would clean me out the next day - so - I got 3-in-on: dinner-pleasure eating them- and great BM. 

Until one day - I ate 4-6? Maybe more... over a few hours - and then, 1 hr later I got the shakes - the sweat, the rapid hearth palpitation - no, it could not be... not hypoglycemia again. But - yes - the way I felt - and my blood sugar tester revealed a BS of 36.  Not good.    It took a while to bring it back, and then few days to have my system stable.  I still had some fudgesicles left, and they were calling my name - so a week or so later - I ate 4 as a dinner.   1 hr later - you guess - my blood sugar dropped again.   Not as low as before, since I measured it and respond to the distress when it was just under 50.  But - that meant - no more fudgesicles for me.  I can't control myself when they are in the house, and the pleasure of 10-15 min of eating them does not pay for the unpleasant, long lasting reactive hypo.  One more ready to eat tread is on the "forbidden" list.  

Now - I make my own protein ice cream and have no guilt eating it - and no BS crushes.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

QoftheU
on 9/5/10 1:45 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Hi - how do you make your own protein ice cream? Sounds great and the gas from the Popsicles is bumming me out! And I love them so it's really sad!
Thanks for any help.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/7/10 1:29 am
Check eggface blogs - she is the one that created the recipes.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active