Optifast vs Medifast or something else?

beth21181
on 7/29/10 12:47 pm
I did Medifast for a month pre op and lost 38 pounds. It tastes gross and is expensive, but I thought it was WAY easier to stick to than a regular food diet. You see, with the Medifast you know you can't have anything else. You are not tempted to fudge a portion here or a carb there. You just suck down what is offered and get over it. I cried and whined, but you can't beat the weight loss and positive effects on the liver. Also, I have PCOS and this diet put that totally in remission. My NUT switched my doctors office over from Optifast to Medifast because she felt that Medifast had more options for foods and was easier to stick with. I would recommend the chicken noodle soup and the lemon razzy drinks. They were the best. Also, you can make the soups with chicken or beef broth which helps the taste quite a bit.

Good Luck!

BTW...my doctor doesn't get a cut of the profits from the required use of Medifast. We get it at his cost which is lower than the Medifast website.

reachinghigher4u
on 7/30/10 12:13 am - Akron, OH
I definitely need to have a regimen to stick with, it will make life sooooo much easier.  When I go in to the office, I'll ask if I have other options available to me.

Zee Starrlite
on 7/30/10 1:09 am
There's this New Lifestyle Diet $273- for 4 weeks if your doc needs you to be on liquids.

It seems these offices try to make money on that last diet .

I could see liquid over another diet for me only because it would limit your choices.  I must have gone 12 rounds with the Atkins pre-op until I just could not do it anymore.  It is an option though if you've not tried it or just wouldn't mind doing it.  Quick weight-loss for sure!

See link below.  Good luck!

http://switcher.dmn.aol.com/sw/r?ri=42FcAF4%2FB2QPelTZP7qTuykA&ai=3&dt=1280502149954&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Faclk%3Fsa%3Dl%26ai%3DCuKivhelSTIuaO5ualQfc39H_C7Cvz4kB-MacsRPhv-NdCAAQBCCaTigEUNjF8rT4_____wFgycapi8Ck2A-gAdrJ4v4DyAEBqgQbT9CR1JsfAjBzsNdtrisVjKuh1ZPjRXUbaemZ%26sig%3DAGiWqty67qyFy4nwWJu8Es7Ft4fYnWrJVA%26adurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.newlifestylediet.com%2Fdefault.aspx%253Fcmp%253Doptifast&cs=LrvAjM%2FPcvqco8Sq3DnvSMZFl8c%3D

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Zee Starrlite
on 7/30/10 1:29 am
Now you've got me looking!  There this shake called "Wonderslim".

Go to ebay they have optifast, medifast etc.  and this Wonderslim is also supposed to be like the others.

When I saw 4wks for Medifast at $299-, I realized that Lifestyle diet wasn't  much of a difference at $273.

You have many options!!!  Don't be lured by a "snake oil salesman"  even if he is in the form of a bariatric nutritionist or surgeon etc.

Keep as much money as you can especially if you "don't have it like that"  Lord know I don't I have to cut coupons and look for the best sales I can find .  That is how you get all the things you like and need when you don't have lots of money flowing  ESPECIALLY when you are self reliant

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

reachinghigher4u
on 7/30/10 2:06 am - Akron, OH
You know that is what prompted me to post this discussion. I saw the Wonderslim mentioned on here quite a few times and found it on DietDirect.com...Honestly, I know that we will more then recoup costs after surgery by what we don't eat, but the prior to portion is the hardest for me. My money tree died in the drought! 

Most Active