OT: Feels like my tongue is burnt but I haven't burned it.

mrschriscross
on 11/16/10 9:17 am - Oswego, NY
I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of whats up with my tongue. For the past few days it feels like I burned it but I can not recall doing so. About a week ago I finished up a 7 day stretch of Amoxicillian followed a few days later by a round of Z-pak and then started prednisone but did not finish that. Is it possible I have thrush? My insurance was just cancelled the other day so I can not afford to pay out of pocket to go to the dr right now. Is there anything I can do at home to try and get rid of it if so? I thought maybe it was from eating a sugar free popsicle almost every night but that doesn't really make sense.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

Chilipepper
on 11/16/10 9:30 am
You have Thrush from the antibiotics...it won't go away by itself..call your doc in the AM and tell him that is what you have and you need a nystatin rinse...

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Susan S.
on 11/16/10 9:30 am - Roselle, NJ
Sounds like thrush. This may soud weird but they sell a test kit for vaginal thrush where the yeast infection treatment products are sold.....it gives you a pH range that differentiates bacterial vs yeast. I imagine doing a tongue scraping on it might tell you if you have thrush. The treatment is an oral rinse (prescription). A more holistic approach which might take longer would be to eat/rinse your mouth with an acidopholis preparation. Add a probiotic rich natural yogurt as well. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

mrschriscross
on 11/16/10 9:56 am - Oswego, NY
Thanks guys (er girls  ) Why me haha. First i can't get rid of this cough and now this.. Will def. be calling the Dr. in the am here's hoping she will call in a Rx for me without seeing me!
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

SkInNyMiN
on 11/16/10 10:50 am - NE
My son had to do that rinse for oral thrush a few years ago. EXPENSIVE! Check and see if Walmart has it on their $4 plan!!
Most Active