Feeling sorry Christina on Rachel Ray

Jennifer M.
on 12/10/10 2:49 am
So has any of you followed or seen the 18 year old girl that Rachel Ray has had on her show?  She started out at more than 280 and she wanted to loose at least 70 lbs for her senior prom.  Rachel Ray made her her personal project.  I was really sad by the way Christina's thin mom treated her...there was no encouragement.  As a matter of fact, her mother belittles her daughter over her weight.  Her father makes excuses for her, I got the impression he is over compensating due to the mothers lack of encouragement and uninspiring words.  Rachel Ray made her her project and brought in a Doctor, personal trainer, ect.  She is supposed to weigh in for the camera in her kitchen in front of her mother and all of america. To her mom is  on camera telling her daughter, that is alot of weight Christina..after she has failed to loose weight and infact gained 5 lbs.  Now Christina is not meeting with her personal trainer regularly anymore(canceling her appointments), and she did not weigh in for the week.  Rachel brought her on her show again today and her and the Doctor basically did what her mom does..only not as agressive...i feel sorry for this little girl...now not only hearing words of failure from mom but also from Rachel Ray and the doctor she brought in...and told she is a failure on national TV.  Her dad is on with her trying to stand up for her alittle but he is overweight too..so they are asking him to make her commit too.  Im sad for her.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/10 2:59 am
It amazes me about how many people in this world think the cure to obesity is shame, embarassment and abuse.  Her father should be ashamed of how he lets his wife treat their daughter.

Does this girl have a facebook page, that you know of?  I think she needs some words of self-love and encouragement.
Still Fawn
on 12/10/10 3:01 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
That does sound sad. I do not Rachel Ray- I don't dig on fake perkiness, but that would have been a turn-off for me regardless... poor girl's self esteem is going to be irreparable.

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

1sarah12010
on 12/10/10 3:03 am - Antigo, United Arab Emirates
Thank you for your post. I like watching Racheal Ray, however I didnt see that episode. Why didnt she make use of the support Racheal Ray gave to her? I felt for her too while reading your message...that would be extremley hard to handle. What was her excuse for not following up and trying to lose the weight. Is she just not interested?
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/10 3:12 am
"What was her excuse for not following up and trying to lose the weight."

I like the word "excuse" here.  What was your "excuse" for not losing weight the right way before you came here?  This is not meant in anything but interest - I find it interesting that anyone on these boards would use that term in relation to a person who isn't losing weight the traditional way.

I know that as a teen my mother pressed hard on me to lose weight.  In the end, I developed a mild eating disorder, gained weight, became isolated, and used food - in secret, mind you - as my catharsis.  When you have an overbearing mother, a talk/cooking show host, and a nation of people pushing you to fit into a mold, some people will simply break under the pressure.  As you said, it would be extremely hard to handle.

In my opinion, the parents and the producers of this show made a HUGE psychological error in getting her in front of the cameras before she achieved the weight loss.  Now, she's known as the fatty who had to be saved by Rachel Ray.  You think the kids at school don't know about the show?  You think they don't know just how fat she is, now?  I guarantee you she's being laughed at.  Depression and self hatred are exceptionally strong things, as you may well know (since we've all walked in similar shoes here).  It's easier to shut down into hopelessness and depression and determine that you'll never be normal than it is to ignore the haters and try despite overwhelming odds.
1sarah12010
on 12/10/10 5:25 am - Antigo, United Arab Emirates
Its a big difference when you try to lose weight alone and when you have support from someone and you are on national t.v I thought that would have given her the motivation and to know that Racheal is paying to help her.Its easier when you have these help Racheal gave her which the average person can not afford...Very different situation.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/10/10 9:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
Only 3% of morbidly obese persons can lose their excess weight by diet and exercise alone and keep it off for even one year. The ONLY THING that will help this girl is WLS. She is no different from any other morbidly obese person. The odds are still 97% against her.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/10 11:49 am
"Racheal is paying to help her."

Rachel is exploiting a fat teenager for ratings, and then denigrating her on national television when the results are exactly the same as the VAST majority of us who are obese.  Additionally, Oprah has more money than god and she still struggles with her weight.  You know damned well that there are many fat female celebs who have plenty of resources, and still cannot keep the fat off of their bodies - hell, some of them can't do it even after WLS.
Jennifer M.
on 12/10/10 3:15 am
Jennifer M.
on 12/10/10 3:18 am
Yeah, not sure about Facebook..dont know her last name. Rachael Ray said to give her support on her website but I cant find it.  I'm alittle scared for what kind of 'encouragement' is on RR's website when I do find it.  And as far as her dad, he was taking up for her on a different episode to his wife's comments to their daughter.  I do feel he could do more though.  It was sad too, they were in the clothing department...she left in tears.  I feel he shouldnt have allowed that either, he is obese too, so he should have known how traumatic it can be even without a mother belittle her on national TV.  Not to mention, Rachel telling her how disappointed and upset she was in Christina today for failing to loose weight and weigh in...and then the doctor questioning her commitment to the program.  Its unacceptable.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1413 views