Leo123 · 0 replies · 42 views
Most Active
People are rude
nikki050 · 62 replies · 1531 views
Ridiculed in public
shining_starre · 46 replies · 2338 views
Rushing
magoo1017 · 46 replies · 1496 views

My hair is coming in curly?? You too? WHY?

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 7:06 am - .., WA
Ok, I'm happy to have hair making a return but its so weird that its coming in curly. My hair has always been straight.

Have you experienced this? Do you know why? Do I need some vitamin? What? Thanks :)
Lisa_67
on 12/13/10 7:09 am - Ravenna, OH
RNY on 09/01/09 with
I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU....ALL MY HAIR UNDERNEATH THAT I LOST, IS NOW COMING IN WAVEY....IT IS REALLY BOTHERING ME BECAUSE ALL MY HAIR IS STRAIGHT, BUT RIGHT ABOVE MY SHOULDERS ALL MY HAIR IS WAVEY.......I HAVE NO CLUE WHY, BUT I'M GLAD IT'S COMING BACK TOO. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED WAVEY HAIR....LOL BUT NOT JUST IN ONE SPOT.......LOL
      starting weight...307 Surgery weight..274 Onederland...198 (3/6/10)
 I lost 33 pounds before surgery. My new life has finally began

Dave Chambers
on 12/13/10 7:14 am - Mira Loma, CA
RNY on 05/10/06 with
Hair loss issues and regrowth of hair are common topics at any support group meeting. I've met several women who have noted changes. Straight hair may become curly. Curly hair may now be straight. Soft texture hair now may be coarse, or visa versa.  Just be glad it grew back ok and work with what you have. I really doubt any vitamin will make any difference. The curly hair may relax some with time, but there is no guarantee that anything will change your new hair, other than color in a bottle. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

USAF Wife
on 12/13/10 7:37 am
I had very wavy, super "natural body" full hair pre-op. All my new growth is growing in stick straight. There's no rhyme or reason behind it apparently.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Still Fawn
on 12/13/10 8:36 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I have NO idea why, but I am right with you. My hair was always thin and straight, and it has been growing in thick and curly since surgery. When I wake up I look like Curly Sue! LOL- I like it though because I always wanted a perm but was too chicken to do it!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Aprilmay49431
on 12/13/10 8:40 am
I have not had surgery yet, but my hair switched from straight to curly after I had my daughter. I think it has something to do with the hormones.
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/13/10 1:46 pm - Mexico
Revision on 12/06/06 with
On December 13, 2010 at 7:06 AM Pacific Time, DreamWeaver wrote:
Ok, I'm happy to have hair making a return but its so weird that its coming in curly. My hair has always been straight.

Have you experienced this? Do you know why? Do I need some vitamin? What? Thanks :)

Ditto.

My hair was always long and straight and today it is more than wavy but less than curly, if that makes sense.

Not a clue why this happens.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MsBatt
on 12/13/10 2:09 pm
My dad has straight hair---really straight. he had chemo, and lost every hair on his head. It all came back---so curly you couldn't tell which end grew into his head.

My brother had really straight hair as a little kid. When he went through puberty, it got really curly.

Hair's strange. (*grin*)
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/13/10 2:43 pm - Mexico
Revision on 12/06/06 with
On December 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:
My dad has straight hair---really straight. he had chemo, and lost every hair on his head. It all came back---so curly you couldn't tell which end grew into his head.

My brother had really straight hair as a little kid. When he went through puberty, it got really curly.

Hair's strange. (*grin*)

DAMN!

I saw you responded to this thread and NATURALLY assumed you had the answer to this. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/10 9:39 am - .., WA
At least I'm not alone with this. Strange though. However, I'm glad to get some hair back :) Having to flat iron every day is a pain but better than bald lol. Thanks for sharing :)
RAD
on 12/14/10 11:56 pm
When our bodies go thru a 'trama' such as surgery we loose hair, and sometimes it comes in different than before, curly, straight, different color, differnt textures....gotta love science.....

i too went from straight hair to curly...it's been 4.5 years still not used to it...grrrr