TLC 600 Pound Mom

Ashleyxx
on 2/20/11 9:18 am - Detroit, MI

Airs tonight on TLC (February 20) at 9:00 PM ET/PT, 8:00 PM CT

Taken from http://tlc.discovery.com/: Dominique is imprisoned within her house by morbid obesity leaving her 6 daughters worried for her life. Their only hope is weight-loss surgery, but to qualify, Dominique will have to shed 112lbs. Can she lose the weight to help save her life?

Figured Id let anyone know in case they didn't see the commercial.

thebadest
on 2/20/11 10:36 am - Houston, TX
I hadn't seen a commercial. I'm interested to see how this will turn out. Thanks

***Getting to Goal Challenge: -13.9/22.7 July 29th surgiversary**
Trina//SW:270/CW:172.7/GW:150

Tracy C.
on 2/20/11 11:27 am - Canada
  I know it is hard but that woman did not want to change her situation. I get that she is addicted to food etc, but all the cheating etc was making me angry. I also was getting pissed off everytime they said she wanted the wls," a quick fix" ?????? WTF do they mean a quick fix, they said it about 5 times and my blood pressure was going up each time. Oh well if she wants surgery she will do what she needs to do I guess. I felt for her daughters but couldn't understand WHY they kept coming into her room with fried everything and cookies and eating them in front of her. Just my 2 cents on the show.
Tracy C

Kathleen W.
on 2/20/11 9:55 pm - Lancaster, PA
I saw most of the show last night.  And I had to turn it off because I had a visceral reaction to it.  On one hand,  my heart went out to her for her struggles.  On the other hand,  I was extremely angry. Then  I realize she hadn't hit bottom yet.  SHE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HELPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many of us had a doctor come to our home to check out our physical condition.  Did  anybody ever deliver diet meals to our door to help us lose weight?  No body in my house would bring me fat laden, greasy foods while I lay in bed  doing nothing.  My husband would tell me to get off my lazy ass and do it myself.  If I wanted something that we didn't have,  I'd have to drive to where ever to get myself.  And my family sure as hell wouldn't eat all that crap in front of me.  I'm sorry for the rant.  At least with the show "Heavy" on A&E,  those people want to be helped (even though I have major disagreements with that show also)

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Dawnie 88
on 2/20/11 10:02 pm
All I kept hearing was this lady saying she just really wanted the WLS..and I kept thinking.."Doesn't she realize that their are rules to follow AFTER WLS also"..and she can't even control herself now to try and help herself get out of her current situation.

I felt so bad for the daughters having to do so much for their mom for so long.

I sure hope that eventually this mom lost the weight to get surgery and hopefully get better, but I have my doubts.

Heather :o)
on 2/20/11 10:09 pm
I could not believe when she "cheated" by taking 5 appetite suppresants instead of the prescribed two. I thought the next scene would be them at her wake bc she died from a massive heart attack from OD'ing on diet pills.

This woman should NOT have WLS, she has already shown she is non-compliant, does not follow MD orders regarding prescription medications, and is not taking it serious.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Dixie Darlin'
on 2/20/11 10:57 pm
I agree with  most everything that you all have said.  I feel for the daughters.    If Dominique would have been able to have them removed, she would have to go to a nursing home.  That might motivate her- and help her "hit bottom".

Does anyone know Dr. Hernandez?   Does he have a good rep?

TV networks compete for viewers and ratings.  They continue to seek out the weirdest and strangest people.  It is no different than the freak show at a carnival or circus of years past.  Here today and gone tomorrow.

Dixie Darlin'
HW 252 / Consult Weigh 247 /SW 235 / CW 187 / GW 160  

airhead_74
on 2/20/11 11:19 pm
DS on 08/20/12
I wanted to watch and missed it. Hopefully I will catch it when it re-airs. from all of your post it sounds as if she thinks the surgery will magically solve her weight loss problems and she won't have to do any work herself. As all of us on here know that isn't the case. That's why all of us had to go through the mental evaluations, etc. I doubt any psych Dr. would relase her for surgery with that attitude.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

hereisallie
on 2/21/11 12:50 am
this woman is a con artist...

485-Pound Miami Woman Stranded in Haiti Headed Home

Dominique Lanoise was reunited with her family after 6 months stranded on an island

By TODD WRIGHT
Updated 11:06 AM EST, Fri, Jun 11, 2010

Dixie Darlin'
on 2/21/11 2:25 am
I don't know if she is a con or not, but she has suffered tragedies, and has probably use them to promote herself.    I don't know how she could have been in Haiti to aid her ailing mother.  She can't help herself.  I am trying to post a link to the story.  

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Stranded-Oversized-H aitian-Woman-Headed-Home-96084489.html

Dixie Darlin'
HW 252 / Consult Weigh 247 /SW 235 / CW 187 / GW 160  

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1507 views