PLAN B DOSE IT WORK AFTER rny BYPASS

702_Vivi_
on 3/7/11 2:35 am
PLS IF ANYONE KNOWS IM ON THE WAY TO GET A PLAN B PILL IM 4 MONTHES POST OP... HAS ANYONE ELSE TOOK THE PILL AND HAS  HAD A GASTRIC BYPASS LET ME KNOW LADIES????
M M
on 3/7/11 2:36 am
 Your stomach isn't attached to your uterus?  

But, PLEASE GET BIRTH CONTROL WHILE YOU ARE THERE.
702_Vivi_
on 3/7/11 2:38 am
YEPP  ALREADY HAVE IT
chris_ruff
on 3/7/11 2:41 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
not sure about the absorption. ask the doc or pharmacist. good luck.
--Christina
AMYH-M
on 3/7/11 3:05 am - League City, TX
The pharmacist my surgeon had me meet with prior to my RNY said that BC pills are not as effective after RNY. People will say that they take the pill and they work fine, but just because they havn't gotten pregnant on the pill doesn't mean they work fine. It's like BC pills aren't as effective if you are taking antibiotics, but not everyone who takes antibiotics on the pill automaticly get pregnent. I would rather be safe than sorry. I used the nuvaring for a while. RIght now I use a BC patch that I like. You put a new one on your hip each week for three weeks, and then no patch for one week. I haven't had any issues with it.
chrystian73
on 3/7/11 4:34 am - Buford, GA
It may not work. I have a close friend who had RNY surgery a little over a year ago. She used Plan B. Two months later she had a hateful miscarriage. Her MD told her that he couldn't be sure if it was an absorption issue or if it simply didn't work (which is very rare but still plausible).

His advice, double or triple up on protection, at least for the first year when you absorb less.
I hope it works for you though. Just make sure to take a couple tests if you're unsure afterward.

Most Active