COUNTING BLESSINGS AND NOT WORRIES.....

martitalinda
on 3/10/11 10:23 pm, edited 3/10/11 10:39 pm
Someone woke up to tidal waves in the wee hours of the morning ... destruction and devastation as quakes and tidal waves washed ashore.... life as they once knew it changed in a minute .. in a second ... in a millisecond... 
Waves of tsunami hit residences after a powerful earthquake in Natori, Miyagi prefecture (state), Japan, Friday, March 11, 2011. The largest earthquake in JapanWaves of tsunami hit residences after a powerful earthquake in Natori, Miyagi prefecture (state), Japan, Friday, March 11, 2011. The largest earthquake in Japan's recorded history slammed the eastern coast Friday. 

Read more: 
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/11/1045001/earthquake-and-tsunami-hit-japan.html#ixzz1GIjL4kfX

And here we are ... awake and alive THIS DAY ... LIVING AND BREATHING ... another day to count our blessings and not our worries... another day in which we can experience joy if we allow it to happen to us ... JOY that can be experienced by reaching out and caring some others more than we do for us .... caring with kindness and compassion and courtesy and respect.... 

Tidal waves ...WOW ... when I look at the size and the might of those waves washing ashore and I see the destruction and devastation left in their wave I can't help but think about the many things we may fuss and complain about every day ... how many times we make tidal waves out of our cir****tances that when compared to the REAL TSUNAMI we realize that we made tidal waves in little cups of water ...  tiny problems most of which we may have brought upon ourselves ... challenges that are here today that may make us uncomfortable in the moment but we can find the means to address or resolve or live with because WE ARE ALIVE TODAY... others perished in the real tidal waves.. 
Today again I am grateful for the words a beautiful sista on here spoke into my spirit ... I know them by heart because I am living them each day... 

..."there is misery and joy in equal parts in this world. Misery will find us if we make ourselves a target. Joy is just waiting for us to acknowledge it. I find joy every day in all parts of my life and I just let it happen to me. Misery is there but I'm sure as hell not going to invite it in".....

My journal entry today...

The canvas UNFINISHED canvas  I am painting for my friend who spoke those words...I work on it some more last night....

JOY ... IMO it is not always about us and how we feel ... joy begins by reaching out of our personal box of ego and self and looking at the little miracles all around us..... Joy and Happiness CAN be had when we begin to CARE more about others than we do about ourselves ... a few days ago I saw a young man help an older woman across the street ... total strangers ... he IS somebody's son and she IS somebody's mother I bet they both shared a happy memory that day... 

I am grateful for being alive and well today... being able to log on and holla at my Beautiful brothers and sisters on this journey and on this cyberspace.... THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LITTLE MIRACLES I GET FROM HERE EACH DAY .... SMILES AND LAUGHTER AND INFORMATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT AND SHARING AND ALLOWING ME TO SHARE...

I AM GRATEFUL ... TODAY I FOR ONE WILL MEDITATE ON THOSE WORDS THAT SISTA SHARED WITH ME ...THE UNIVERSE BALANCES EVERYTHING OUT... I WILL COUNT MY BLESSINGS AND NOT MY WORRIES ... MY MOTHER TOLD ME THAT ON OUR WELLEST DAY WE ARE  FIT ENOUGH TO DIE AND I ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ... IN A SPLIT SECOND. LIFE AS WE KNOW IT COULD CHANGE ... I WANT TO LEAVE HAPPY SEEDS OF MEMORY IN MY WAKE...... oh and goofy ones too....

THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO SHARE.....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

4_them_2
on 3/10/11 10:45 pm - Northern, VA
My Grandmother use to say the same thing. We are blessed and I pray there aren't any fatalities. I know most coastal cities have tsunami warning systems and I hope they worked. I have a friend station in Oahu and I hope she is safe.
martitalinda
on 3/10/11 11:17 pm
I am keeping your friend in my thoughts and prayers and I hope she is safe too.... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MARIA F.
on 3/11/11 6:28 am - Athens, GA

That is something we all should try to keep in mind. As bad as we may have it, there is always some that has it worse!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active